London SE1 community website

Garden Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 10 of 52
Saturday 20 September 2014 4.47pm
I also have no problem with it at all. it will be an interesting addition to London's riverside vista. A bit like the London Eye, I am sure there were moans when it was built but since 2000 it's become a London icon
Saturday 20 September 2014 5.10pm
It has indeed boroughpaul but the taxpayer didn't pay for it. Thanks for all of your thoughts. Please continue to spread the word and sign the petition if you fancy saving 60m or at least placing the bridge where it really needs it:

https://www.change.org/p/lambeth-council-planning-david-smith-lambeth-council-put-the-garden-bridge-where-it-s-needed
Tuesday 23 September 2014 3.07pm
qwerty wrote:
Dear Edward, once again, you have risen to the occasion. Your vitriol does you proud. We thank you for your kind comments; so well thought out and reasoned. Bravo.

What vitriol? It was your condescending personal comments ("goodness, am I spelling it out enough do you think folks?" "There is a certain degree of apathy all round when it comes to voting for something important") that I found inappropriate, but please feel free to point out any comments I made that that you feel entitled to define as vitriolic. Not my fault if not everyone is happy-clapping at your initiative, but that's freedom of thought for you.
Tuesday 23 September 2014 5.50pm
Hi Ed! Nice to hear from you. I thought you'd gone away :-)))
Wednesday 24 September 2014 8.02am
qwerty wrote:
Hi Ed! Nice to hear from you. I thought you'd gone away :-)))

I know you think you're being a very brave soldier, going toe-to-toe with Thomas 'The Heathery Wick' Heatherwick, Edward 'Thank Christ for the letter D' Woodward and their dark armies. But I think you should know that you're coming across as an immature little twot.
Wednesday 24 September 2014 9.03am
In the absence of James please remember that personal abuse does not help an argument.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 6.36pm
What is quite astounding about this question is all the people who are NOT directly affected by it. Please refer to Joanna Lumley. I live in River Court. I will be DIRECTLY affected by another 1,000 people trying to walk along the Thames and all the 'bottle necks' that this will cause. West, The Eye; East, Oxo Tower and Blackfriars Underpass. If You are not Directly suffering from this 'New' bridge please, go away.
Good idea. Another 2,000 people trying to walk on the Queens Walk.
TFL are going to pay for it, Again! Boris bikes paid for by Barclays; withdrawing from the concept, unviable.
A Bank who does not pay tax in the UK, and supports other organisations.
The Lord Mayor office who have refused to give any information about the bidding process.
All the refuse from the bridge will be transported to the South side, strangely not the North side.
Anyone living on Upper Ground will have another 3 years of building and construction, disruption and hassle.
I will continue if You want, but I won't now.
So, let's see what Westminster Council have to say about it.

Tim
Zoe
Wednesday 12 November 2014 9.19pm
Suspect like Lambeth, they will agree it.
Thursday 13 November 2014 11.48pm
I see this bridge as a lovely addition to our capitals landmarks.

Lambeth has now approved it, and I hope Westminster will do the same.

London is a truly beautiful city, and its views of the Thames are outstanding: a packed lunch on this oasis would certainly beat the 24.95 view from the Shard.

The great thing about London, is that it is a constantly evolving city and this proposal fits right in with that.

I remember how so many people weren't shy in sharing to all their hatred of the London Eye when it first came up (same as some Parisians did with the Eiffel Tower back in the day), yet now it is a universally loved landmark: let us learn from that...
Friday 14 November 2014 12.14am
I hope you don't mind standing to eat your packed lunch because there's not going to be any seats as far as I can see. And even if there are, you'll have to queue until tea time to get one.
Current: 10 of 52

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions