I hope this is the right place to post(!) I am a researcher at the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR). My colleagues and I are currently working to support the Southwark and Lambeth Childcare Commission (chaired by Dame Tessa Jowell MP) to undertake work on how to improve childcare across the two London boroughs. The aim of the Commission is to make recommendations for the Councils to provide more high-quality, accessible and affordable childcare. The Commission will examine the challenges and opportunities in this area and make recommendations for changes to policy and practice at a national, regional and local level in order to secure childcare provision that:
• is accessible and affordable to parents,
• supports parents to be economically active,
• is flexible enough for the 24 hour economy and working patterns of parents,
• delivers quality education and development for children in the early years,
• delivers an appropriate offer for older children
To this end, we have designed an on-line survey for parents and guardians with dependent children living in Southwark and Lambeth. The survey is designed to better understand people's current childcare set-up, how well they think it meets their needs and how they think it can be improved.
If you live in the area and are responsible for at least one child under 16, we would be very interested in hearing from you.