London SE1 community website

Waitrose

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 11 of 15
Monday 25 April 2016 7.22pm
Not long now. Hand over May with July opening but some branches have gone down hill customer service wise lately so they should be careful as there is a fair bit of competition around here now

Cotswolds 12
Monday 6 June 2016 7.30pm
Now on the Waitrose websitE:
http://www.waitrose.com/content/waitrose/en/bf_home/bf/703.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 7 June 2016 10.47am
Those Little Waitroses offer little added value if you ask me, I wish we had a big one, like the new one in Nine Elms...
Tuesday 7 June 2016 11.33am
I lived in Wapping right next to the big Waitrose. It was the only thing I missed when I moved back to SE1. I cried myself to sleep night after night. A bigger shop would be lovely, but anything is better than nothing. Is it sad to be excited?

(Okay, I didn't really cry myself to sleep, I just added that for dramatic effect)
Tuesday 7 June 2016 11.38am
Apparently the Southbank Waitrose will be a centre Waitrose
Medium sized. Free coffee n newspapers too boys and hopefully opening day champagne etc! Don't worry. Be happy!

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 7 June 2016 11.41am
Similar in size to Belgravia Waitrose
Tuesday 7 June 2016 12.25pm
The link James provides says "little Waitrose", as does this article.. 3,000 square feet. 1/6th of the average Waitrose. Waitrose shops traditionally range in size from 15,000-30,000sq ft (the average size sales area is circa. 20,000sq ft). little Waitrose (convenience) branches range from 3,000 to 7,000 sq ft. There are seven Waitrose Food & Home shops ranging from 45,000 - 60,000sq ft and the Waitrose Food, Fashion & Home at Canary Wharf is 74,000 sq ft. The retailerís total selling space is over 5.5 million sq ft.
Tuesday 7 June 2016 12.48pm
One month to go

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 7 June 2016 1.04pm
Excellent news. Let's give them a big welcome!

Cotswolds 12
Tuesday 7 June 2016 1.32pm
Paramount wrote:
Excellent news. Let's give them a big welcome!

Since it's only a little one, maybe I'll only give them a little rather than a big welcome.
Current: 11 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions