London SE1 community website

Waitrose

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 15
Saturday 1 August 2015 9.06am
Yawns, rolls over, falls asleep to dream about sad muppets who think there is anything special about Waitrose other than the fact it charges more for less.
Zoe
Saturday 1 August 2015 9.07am
I think monsters is so much better.
Saturday 1 August 2015 9.09am
3,000 sq ft is as small as they get

"Waitrose shops traditionally range in size from 15,000-30,000sq ft (the average size sales area is circa. 20,000sq ft). little Waitrose (convenience) branches range from 3,000 to 7,000 sq ft."

source: http://waitrose.pressarea.com/press_packs/download/9/131/78/131_78_1421225634.pdf/2
Saturday 1 August 2015 11.06am
boroughbloke wrote:
Yawns, rolls over, falls asleep to dream about sad muppets who think there is anything special about Waitrose other than the fact it charges more for less.

Don't underestimate Waitrose - after all, it makes you feel special about yourself as well.
Saturday 1 August 2015 11.08am
I won't bother, as it's a tiny one. I enjoy my walk to the St Katerine's Dock Waitrose. Having one round the corner would deprive me of that pleasure.
Saturday 1 August 2015 1.23pm
Is St Katherine's. Dock
A big branch Edward? I go Bloomsbury and Westfield Waitroses ones Big. Canary wharf large good apparently but don't like canary wharf Also holborn London bridge small. Looks to me south bank one is fairly spacious maybe a new departure for the company in some ways. There are shops. Then there is Waitrose! :)

Cotswolds 12
Saturday 1 August 2015 9.34pm
South bank Waitrose computer specification projection looks the size of Pimlico/Belgravia
Sunday 2 August 2015 9.32am
Paramount wrote:
Is St Katherine's. Dock
A big branch Edward? I go Bloomsbury and Westfield Waitroses ones Big. Canary wharf large good apparently but don't like canary wharf Also holborn London bridge small. Looks to me south bank one is fairly spacious maybe a new departure for the company in some ways. There are shops. Then there is Waitrose! :)

It's pretty big I'd say, in size maybe comparable to the Sainsbury's in the Angel. Big enough for a full shop.
Sunday 2 August 2015 3.11pm
Paramount and Edward Woodward - the original SE1 story ("Yes, it's true...") said the store will be 3,000 sq. ft., which as I pointed out is the smallest Waitrose offers.

What are you guys seeing that shows the store to be 'big'?

Thanks!
Sunday 2 August 2015 6.42pm
RobB wrote:
Paramount and Edward Woodward - the original SE1 story ("Yes, it's true...") said the store will be 3,000 sq. ft., which as I pointed out is the smallest Waitrose offers.
What are you guys seeing that shows the store to be 'big'?

Thanks!

We're talking about the one in St Katherine's dock, not the New SE1 one.
Current: 8 of 15

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions