London SE1 community website

Fish & chips- recommendations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 5 November 2014 11.47am
Hello,
I've recently moved into the area and am on the search for a decent tried & tested fish and chips place. Can anyone recommend a good one near the Spa Road/Abbey Street/Jamaica Rd region?
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.13pm
long lane is pretty good
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.26pm
I recommend Johnny's Fish Bar on Jamaica Road, near the junction with Tanner Street, opposite the Co-Op, yum yum!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.43pm
Definitely recommend Long Lane Fish Bar. Great range of fish, fresh, hand cut chips, and all the accessories. Plus, a good star rating with the Food Standards Agency.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 12.49pm
Little bit out of the way (and SE16, sorry) but Elite Fish Bar just off The Blue is really good and cheap too!
I used to go to St James' fish bar but they aren't the same since new ownership took over a while back now. Blue Anchor F&C is also very good if you cant stand the queues at Elite!
Wednesday 5 November 2014 1.02pm
Keira wrote:
Little bit out of the way (and SE16, sorry) but Elite Fish Bar just off The Blue is really good and cheap too!
I used to go to St James' fish bar but they aren't the same since new ownership took over a while back now. Blue Anchor F&C is also very good if you cant stand the queues at Elite!

Exactly this. St James' also seems to shut pretty early.

Long Lane is excellent too.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 1.40pm
Another shout for Johnny's from me
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.19pm
For sit-down, I go to Olleys on Great Suffolk Street. Has a nice seafront cafe vibe, with the corner window.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 2.26pm
Thanks everyone!! that's great
Wednesday 5 November 2014 3.44pm
The real top SE1 chippy is Masters Superfish, but that's a long way from you.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions