London SE1 community website

'Fuckoffee' Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8
Wednesday 5 November 2014 5.27pm
Thanks for starting this thread, hunter12! I thought maybe I was being an old farty so I'm glad it's not just me!

Since I had the worst cup of tea I've ever drunk in this place a few years ago, I've resolutely ignored it so hadn't actually noticed the name change until a couple of weeks ago. It's not edgy or even original (French Connection anyone?). It's like a teenager trying to get your attention by being as obnoxious as possible, however ridiculous they make themselves look in the process. Totally tedious.

I was already boycotting them because of the rubbish tea, so can't affect their bottom line, but I hope other people do vote with their feet/wallets.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 5.30pm
A bit like French Connection and the FCUK brandng perhaps (or not!)it isn't really that clever, edgy or anything else. I agree with NickTheGreek - it is probably a silly attempt at being controversial.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 6.33pm
TimC wrote:
A bit like French Connection and the FCUK brandng perhaps (or not!)it isn't really that clever, edgy or anything else. I agree with NickTheGreek - it is probably a silly attempt at being controversial.

It's all a bit puerile - who is their target group? Beavis and Butthead?
Tee
Wednesday 5 November 2014 6.38pm
It just needs a "Who's" before it.
Wednesday 5 November 2014 8.39pm
Tee wrote:
It just needs a "Who's" before it.

See, that would be mildly witty.
Thursday 6 November 2014 12.42am
Immature I may be but I think [email protected]'s wilfully puerile branding etc is kind of funny - it makes me titter of a morning. In fact they seem to have toned it down a bit over the last year or so - no more pics of the Bee Gees with two of the faces crossed out, etc.

I get that some people find swearing and ebola masks offensive but wish they would put that energy into fighting things that really matter... <gets off soapbox>
Thursday 6 November 2014 5.29am
Quote:

I get that some people find swearing and ebola masks offensive but wish they would put that energy into fighting things that really matter... <gets off soapbox>

thanks, montecore. There was no particular energy applied to this post, I do feel like I try to put that into fighting things 'that really matter'. I was simply raising a point, generating a discussion.
that was all.
Thursday 6 November 2014 8.07am
Logged back on this morning to remove that hasty second paragraph but too late! Hunter12, I meant people who go to the bigger effort of making police complaints about the name of the shop (etc). Didn't really think it through. Having "fuckoffee" plastered across the outside is kind of a step too far, mind you.
Thursday 6 November 2014 8.12am
[quote hunter12][/quote]

I get that some people find swearing and ebola masks offensive but wish they would put that energy into fighting things that really matter... <gets off soapbox>[/quote]

thanks, montecore. There was no particular energy applied to this post, I do feel like I try to put that into fighting things 'that really matter'. I was simply raising a point, generating a discussion.
that was all.[/quote]

Yes. How much energy does Montecore think it takes to post on a board? I am waving an placard saying "Down with this sort of thing" with my left hand whilst typing this with my right btw.
(Post edited following Montecore's retraction)
Thursday 6 November 2014 10.22am
Tim- the whole FCUK branding exercise nearly killed French Connection's business.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 2 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions