London SE1 community website

'Fuckoffee' Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8
Sunday 9 November 2014 11.39pm
Eh. Spot-on branding if you ask me since that's the staff's general attitude the few times I've been in. There are other places on/near Bermondsey Street. Hej and the new little one on the end of the street. Vote with your feet, go elsewhere (and drink better coffee!) Win-win.
Monday 10 November 2014 12.14am
It's odd because I've seen so many people take photos of the place. I guess that promotes the area. And everyone with their camera is smiling. As for children seeing it, I'm not a parent, so don't wish to get involved in that side of the discussion

It's quirky. Generally doesn't take itself too seriously and as far as service goes, is definitely above average for coffee in the area. I've had shocking service further up the road, and god forbid you go down the street to the Hotel... :)
Monday 10 November 2014 9.15am
Some find it funny, others don't. A question of different tastes obviously. They must cater for some demand, so good luck to them.
Monday 10 November 2014 10.11am
It's not as simple as a question of humour, is it?

We're all free to make poor jokes, but isn't the question here whether it's appropriate to have a sign over your business that uses language that pretty much everyone would agree is offensive?

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 10 November 2014 11.47am
If I told someone to go forth and multiply on here James would quite rightly edit that and give me a talking to, this sign is in a place where children can see (yep it's an issue)I don't think it makes any difference whether it's meant to be funny or not and the doughnut who sanctioned it wants swearing at.

It's punkoffee and I always found punks tiresome, even as a teen.
Monday 10 November 2014 12.29pm
It reminds me a bit of when we were kids, and singing the song

"arsole arsole a soldier I will be"

To see how far we could go.
Monday 10 November 2014 1.50pm
boroughonian wrote:
It's punkoffee and I always found punks tiresome, even as a teen.

It's punks that, almost 40 years ago made saying rude words in public funny. Sex Pistols Making a variation on that same joke in 2014 is unoriginal and a bit puerile. But it gets them the publicity I guess - I am curious now who their clientele is, I think I'll go and check the, ahem, clever stunt for myself...
Monday 10 November 2014 2.01pm
JasonSE1 wrote:
It's just tacky and naff.

Sounds like a firm of Solicitors :p
Monday 10 November 2014 2.05pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
JasonSE1 wrote:

Or a Scottish singing duo.

One could go on. One won't.
Monday 10 November 2014 2.37pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Philpotts24 wrote:
JasonSE1 wrote:

Or a Scottish singing duo.

One could go on. One won't.
Unrelated to the original topic, but there's a firm of solicitors in Leeds called 'Godloves'.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 5 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions