London SE1 community website

'Fuckoffee' Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Wednesday 12 November 2014 5.34pm
Peter, in order to do so and for there to have been a "crime" in relation to my report, I'd need to find it abusive and/or insulting and it's a subjective test. As I don't feel that way, it would be for someone who does find it abusive and/or insulting to report it.
Friday 14 November 2014 10.36am
Was there a few months ago before the name change and did a sketch of it. Coming out of White Cube recently was a bit surprised to see the change. Maybe it reflects the sometimes negative attitude of the British to customer service? Maybe it has been taken over by a slightly dim teenager who thinks this is witty? I think we should be told
Friday 14 November 2014 12.40pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Peter, in order to do so and for there to have been a "crime" in relation to my report, I'd need to find it abusive and/or insulting and it's a subjective test. As I don't feel that way, it would be for someone who does find it abusive and/or insulting to report it.

Alternatively it just requires a policeman to believe an offence has been committed:

Public Order Act 1986, s4A wrote:
A constable may arrest without warrant anyone he reasonably suspects is committing an offence under this section.
Friday 14 November 2014 2.42pm
Oh dear. The change of name has had the desired effect. We are all going on about it.
Friday 14 November 2014 3.50pm
chavender wrote:
Oh dear. The change of name has had the desired effect. We are all going on about it.

Wouldn't the desired effect be to attract more clientèle? Judging by the comments on here, that's not really working.
Friday 14 November 2014 4.01pm
I suspect they always have plenty and are trying to put people off by appearing 'controversial'
Friday 14 November 2014 4.18pm
chavender wrote:
I suspect they always have plenty and are trying to put people off by appearing 'controversial'

Well, that's working out fine then.
Friday 14 November 2014 5.01pm
And probably only wanting very young and naive customers. Job done.
Saturday 15 November 2014 12.27am
I finally remembered to actually look for this sign today.
Its really quite small, you have to have good eyesight to feel insulted, and apparently made out of lego bricks which is enterprising.
I don't really see what the fuss is is about.
Saturday 15 November 2014 5.36am
Don't feel insulted. But don't feel invited either.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions