London SE1 community website

'Fuckoffee' Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8
Sunday 16 November 2014 4.53pm
As one of the local Councillors covering Bermondsey Street I have also written to the management asking them to change this sign. Whether it offends you or not, it's not really appropriate, especially where children can see it (and made with Lego)
Sunday 4 January 2015 10.35pm
Interestingly their trade mark application has been refused on the grounds that it is "a sign that would be offensive to a significant proportion of the UK public":

http://t.co/6BBcXXrpMJ

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 5 January 2015 5.17am
Quelle surprise!
Monday 5 January 2015 6.32am
I see this local business is based in Essex from the postcode on the application....
Tuesday 6 January 2015 2.12pm
ScottR wrote:
I see this local business is based in Essex from the postcode on the application....

and the point of that observation is...what?
Tuesday 6 January 2015 2.42pm
janefs wrote:
ScottR wrote:
I see this local business is based in Essex from the postcode on the application....

and the point of that observation is...what?

That, according to ScottR, it's not a local business?
Tuesday 6 January 2015 2.58pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
janefs wrote:
ScottR wrote:
I see this local business is based in Essex from the postcode on the application....

and the point of that observation is...what?

That, according to ScottR, it's not a local business?

By one definition, it is.
Tuesday 6 January 2015 3.31pm
janefs wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
janefs wrote:
ScottR wrote:
I see this local business is based in Essex from the postcode on the application....

and the point of that observation is...what?

That, according to ScottR, it's not a local business?

By one definition, it is.

Compared to most of the coffee chains, any business that actually pays taxes in the UK counts as local.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current: 8 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions