London SE1 community website

Street clutter on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Friday 4 September 2015 8.27am
Still no happiness when walking along Bermondsey Street. The Watch House now has a bench in the corner and I've noticed that this week in the afternoon they had a massive sort of cargo bike and a few tables too. Thanks Watch House.

And I've complained a few times to the council, Mr Mark Adams, about the board that Bermondsey Village puts outside and fills up half of the pavement. My Adams emailed me back saying that they would be warned as they don't even pay anything to use the pavement as advertising space, but nothing has changed. The last email I received was in June.

Depressing, the Council sells the pavement space (or not) and there's not much we can do about it.
Friday 4 September 2015 2.43pm
I think they only charge 75 per year for the A frames.
Friday 4 September 2015 5.00pm
Karen I wrote:
I think they only charge 75 per year for the A frames.

Yes, they charge 81.50 per year per square metre for signs, planters etc. They consider a chair to be 1 square metre.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions