London SE1 community website

Hotel GB: Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 10 of 12
Saturday 15 November 2014 2.24am
Pieces of Eight wrote:
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:
In both your first post here and in your tripadvisor review (which has been removed in the meantime) you mention in the very opening sentence which religion the new owner supposedly follows.
The next time you feel disappointed, rather than rant on the internet about which god someone follows, it may be better to drop a line to the General Manager and let him know your feelings.

Oh, and the hotel opened in April 2009, so if it's true that you have been living in the area for six years, the square was, at best, a dug-up parking lot when you moved in. I think it's better today, despite the horribly limited choice of where to go for a cocktail ;)

Actually, that was me posting on Trip Advisor, and I shall be posting again to fit in with their oh so sensitive criteria. I want to make sure that people are not duped into parting with their money without knowing that a local company is falsely advertising a service/amenity that they will not be providing.

I guess this is not yours then:

“Nice place !!!”
5 of 5 starsReviewed yesterday NEW
Great Hotel, Very clean and tidy and also in a very convenient location. The mattress was luxurious. The staff was friendly and helpful with suggestions of restaurants and nearby bars. The breakfast was the proper english breakfast!!!

Are you 100% sure that if I walk in there tomorrow at let's say 11am, I won't be able to have any pork or alcohol? If yes, fair enough. If not, then aren't you dishonest by putting those allegations on Trip Advisor? What exactly did you say on there anyway? I am all for tackling dishonest local businesses, but aren't you being a tad Don Quixoteish over this?
Saturday 15 November 2014 9.30am
Peter Davis wrote:

Are there ISIS flags flying from the rooftops yet?
Saturday 15 November 2014 9.31am
You beat me to it, Peter. My wife pointed out the article to me this morning. They quote me in it!
Saturday 15 November 2014 9.51am
More here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/7951

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 15 November 2014 10.12am
The "Middle Eastern investor" can be that good an investor. Surely you invest to make money? - not to turn people away in droves.
Saturday 15 November 2014 10.14am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
The "Middle Eastern investor" can be that good an investor. Surely you invest to make money? - not to turn people away in droves.

Well, if they fail, it'll be booze and sausages again.
Saturday 15 November 2014 2.37pm
They have now come clean at lat on their website regarding not selling booze any more. There, Bermondsey Square Hotel, that wasn't too difficult was it? Just be honest with people, that's all I ask for.
Saturday 15 November 2014 3.12pm
Oh, how some people like a good rant!

I used the Hotel for years, regularly - until I stopped drinking alcohol - but I continue to dine there from time to time and my friends continue to both stay and dine there, happily.

They haven't 'duped, or even endeavoured to dupe, anyone - simply responded to the requests made by the new owners.

I think that if honesty is so important to you, PO8, you could remove your new comment on Trip Advisor.

So the Hotel is changing - life is full of change. Embrace it. Move on!
Saturday 15 November 2014 3.20pm
isn't putting a comment on tripadvisor without having been a guest of the hotel a tad dishonest too?
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 10 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions