London SE1 community website

Hotel GB: Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12
Sunday 16 November 2014 10.45am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Pieces of Eight wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Pieces of Eight wrote:
As for my Trip Advisor post, 140 folks have found it helpful so I am pleased about that.

Good for you, taking credit for something you didn't actually provide any substance to. I could kick myself for not having formulated my opinion straight away: you are being very dishonest about your role in this whole affair. You put unsubstantiated information on public forums without having done any fact-checking yourself and you take credit for something you didn't play any part in. Personally, I think you are far more dishonest than those you accuse, as well as shamelessly opportunistic.

You are entitled to your opinion Edward. The Bermondsey Square Hotel is now playing by the rules when it comes to informing potential customers of a fundamental change to their business model and I for one am pleased about that.

You can twist and turn it as much as you like, fact remains that your version of events, from beginning to and is inaccurate and not baed on any fact that you gathered yourself, yet you seem to feel entitled to some sort of credit or righteousness and you go on public forums with your assumptions to attack an discredit a local business. That is dishonest, and therefore I feel entitled to pursue that dishonesty on this forum. Nothing t do with opinion, I just can't stand hypocrisy.

Sorry Edward, I still cannot see where I was inaccurate. The website was inaccurate, it is now accurate (sort of, they're still not informing folks prior to booking that the pork will be off the menu after Christmas. I am sure that will be done in the fullness of time. As evidenced with the alcohol thing, it can take a few days for their website hosts to pull their finger out and post updates)! Drinks all round (non-alcoholic ones, of course!)
Sunday 16 November 2014 10.55am
Edward read your last post.You are in danger of becoming that which you accuse Po8

An opportunistic dishonest hypocrite you may believe him to be. I do not.

Whereas I have always thought of you as a fairminded well intentioned person, please don't spoil that impression and please don't insist on having the last word.
Monday 17 November 2014 11.12am
Why is the hotel restricting itself from selling alcohol and pork products...that would be helpful to know. Will the hotel make a statement about its new incarnation and what it is intending to be to its future guests. That would be simply the most helpful thing at this point. BSH any chance you could make a statement about the future plans and direction?
Monday 17 November 2014 12.52pm
Hello, I'm a journalist at BBC London, working on this story. Please get in touch if you can help, if you've been to the hotel or know anything about it. Please email me: [email protected]
Monday 17 November 2014 1.36pm
Del Aziz at Bankside has closed ;-)
Monday 17 November 2014 3.45pm
urbanite wrote:
Why is the hotel restricting itself from selling alcohol and pork products...that would be helpful to know. Will the hotel make a statement about its new incarnation and what it is intending to be to its future guests. That would be simply the most helpful thing at this point. BSH any chance you could make a statement about the future plans and direction?
I believe the new owner is Muslim and therefore it is against his values to sell such products. I did ask if the hotel would still be pet friendly which apparently it will be. I really feel for the staff as they are taking a lot of flak & if this new concept is not successful could easily lose their jobs.
Monday 17 November 2014 5.30pm
not entirely new as the owner has a hotel in Bayswater run on the same principles but maybe the area is a little different to Bermondsey

He has paid a lot of money for the hotel so hopefully for his sake and the staff he knows what he is doing and it will be a question of adjustment and appealling to a new market. At the end of the day he has one hotel in the area and we have loads of choice where we eat and drink or not drink as the case may be as long as honest up front about what they are doing (which seems to be the main concern that has been expressed on the forum) then I don't have an issue with it and for the sake of everyones jobs there i hope it works
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Current: 12 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions