London SE1 community website

Hotel GB: Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12
Wednesday 12 November 2014 11.06am
Greg Wallace has not been involved for over a year.

It isn't Hotel GB - it is the Bermondsey Square Hotel, as it has always been, except for the TV series, 2 years ago. The Restaurant is the 'GB Grill & Bar'.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12.04pm
Not very diverse of them especially with so many overseas visitors to the area. Such a shame, they will lose business
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12.06pm
no alcohol? no pork? no gays? no Jews? no women? all very strange
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12.19pm
This stance makes me feel very very uncomfortable. I am a little bit creeped out by it. Especially in my local area.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 12.33pm
boroughpaul wrote:
no alcohol? no pork? no gays? no Jews? no women? all very strange

Precisely.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 1.08pm
Presumably only Halal meat as well, which many would also object to.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 1.20pm
It's either a marketing strategy, a cheap way of getting the establishment free advertising? or a genuine attempt at attracting local Muslim business, most I have met could not afford the prices!
Wednesday 12 November 2014 1.47pm
Is the above true?

The web site doesn't make any mention of these fundamentalist policies - the breakfast menu still offers a full English.

I can foresee some very unhappy customers if they book expecting a proper hotel and arrive to find a little bit of Saudi Arabia on the South Bank.
Wednesday 12 November 2014 2.01pm
Obviously entirely the choice of the owner (if this report is true) but I think he has somewhat shot himself in the foot. They are being rather dishonest in that they have not made the whole Wahabi schtick public on their website. A visit to Trip Advisor this afternoon beckons!
Wednesday 12 November 2014 2.02pm
What a ridiculous policy.

When I pop in there for a diet coke I'll make my Jewish mate stand outside.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions