London SE1 community website

Hotel GB: Bermondsey Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 9 of 12
Friday 14 November 2014 12.02pm
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:

So when you moved here Bermondsey Square was still a parking lot, yet you blame a hotel owner of spoiling it, that doesn't make any sense. One thing you have surely brought to the community are your bigoted ideas.

Within a one minute walk from the hotel doors there are plenty pub/bar/supermarkets where you can buy booze, and several places where one can eat pork, what is the point of criticising a business because they chose a different strategy, if not hate for their religion?
To all others who posted complaints about the new policy: The next time you wake up in the morning with an hangover-produced headache (caused by your de-hydrated, shrinking brain pulling the membranes which bond it to your skull) and you try to fix it by eating a heart-clogging bacon sandwich (yuk), try to think that there are people out there who enjoy a healthier diet!

I don't think anyone expressed any bigoted ideas and personally, I find curing a hangover-produced headache (caused by my de-hydrated, shrinking brain pulling the membranes which bond it to my skull) by eating a heart-clogging bacon sandwich pure bliss. Each to their own, eh?
Friday 14 November 2014 12.23pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:

So when you moved here Bermondsey Square was still a parking lot, yet you blame a hotel owner of spoiling it, that doesn't make any sense. One thing you have surely brought to the community are your bigoted ideas.

Within a one minute walk from the hotel doors there are plenty pub/bar/supermarkets where you can buy booze, and several places where one can eat pork, what is the point of criticising a business because they chose a different strategy, if not hate for their religion?
To all others who posted complaints about the new policy: The next time you wake up in the morning with an hangover-produced headache (caused by your de-hydrated, shrinking brain pulling the membranes which bond it to your skull) and you try to fix it by eating a heart-clogging bacon sandwich (yuk), try to think that there are people out there who enjoy a healthier diet!

I don't think anyone expressed any bigoted ideas and personally, I find curing a hangover-produced headache (caused by my de-[b]hydrated, shrinking brain pulling the membranes which bond it to my skull)[/b] by eating a heart-clogging bacon sandwich pure bliss. Each to their own, eh?

Was that the Buzzcocks? ;)
Friday 14 November 2014 12.39pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:

I don't think anyone expressed any bigoted ideas and personally, I find curing a hangover-produced headache (caused by my de-[b]hydrated, shrinking brain pulling the membranes which bond it to my skull)[/b] by eating a heart-clogging bacon sandwich pure bliss. Each to their own, eh?

No, I think that was "Harmony in my Head", wasn't it?:)
Friday 14 November 2014 1.51pm

No it was a hotel when I moved here. Used it for years

Not sure where you get the point abut bigoted views. At no time have I expressed a view on those who follow a pork and alcohol free diet. I do when I live in Saudi.
But I am all for freedom of views and choice. And as I have said when I started this post I feel disappointed that the Bermondsey square hotel no longer gives me that choice of experience.

But you are completely right. I will not lose any sleep over it. I will choose to go elsewhere. I suspect like many others. I think that's a shame. But perhaps the new clients of the hotel will welcome it with open arms :). We shall see.

I will get back to my iced tea :)
Friday 14 November 2014 7.14pm
In both your first post here and in your tripadvisor review (which has been removed in the meantime) you mention in the very opening sentence which religion the new owner supposedly follows.

The next time you feel disappointed, rather than rant on the internet about which god someone follows, it may be better to drop a line to the General Manager and let him know your feelings.

Oh, and the hotel opened in April 2009, so if it's true that you have been living in the area for six years, the square was, at best, a dug-up parking lot when you moved in. I think it's better today, despite the horribly limited choice of where to go for a cocktail ;)
Friday 14 November 2014 7.21pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:

Don't know, I was boogying on down to Earth Wind and Fire at the time \o/
Friday 14 November 2014 7.37pm
I love the fact I come from a country where I can freely express a view. This is a discussion forum to air local issues. I simply mourn the loss of an experience I held dear in a location I love. And that seems to be an opinion shared. There is no bigotry. Rather a statement of fact.

You can turn that into anything you like and I do hope u feel the better for getting it out of your system.
Friday 14 November 2014 8.29pm
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:

Don't know, I was boogying on down to Earth Wind and Fire at the time \o/
Of course, I forgot you found punks tiresome :)
Friday 14 November 2014 9.53pm
You know what I still miss? The old Wheatsheaf.
Saturday 15 November 2014 1.28am
yckrvfafeyivl wrote:
In both your first post here and in your tripadvisor review (which has been removed in the meantime) you mention in the very opening sentence which religion the new owner supposedly follows.
The next time you feel disappointed, rather than rant on the internet about which god someone follows, it may be better to drop a line to the General Manager and let him know your feelings.

Oh, and the hotel opened in April 2009, so if it's true that you have been living in the area for six years, the square was, at best, a dug-up parking lot when you moved in. I think it's better today, despite the horribly limited choice of where to go for a cocktail ;)

Actually, that was me posting on Trip Advisor, and I shall be posting again to fit in with their oh so sensitive criteria. I want to make sure that people are not duped into parting with their money without knowing that a local company is falsely advertising a service/amenity that they will not be providing.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next
Current: 9 of 12

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions