London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14
Tuesday 23 December 2014 3.56pm
I stopped short of that, because I thought that some of the comments were in the spirit of reasonable debate. But that last comment, if taken on its own, appeared odd and inconsistent.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 4.13pm
Paramount wrote:
Can someone please explain the 'difference' between an "American Christian" and any other christian in the universe? ......answers on a postage stamp may suffice!

Wednesday 24 December 2014 8.55am
Jules62 wrote:
Paramount wrote:
Can someone please explain the 'difference' between an "American Christian" and any other christian in the universe? ......answers on a postage stamp may suffice!

That image is inaccurate. This... seems more appropriate.
Wednesday 24 December 2014 8.56am
Paramount wrote:
Ruth Rawlins appears to be an ordinary young female Londoner concerned about preserving life...

I don't know, of course, but since she acts as their regular spokesperson, I'd guess she's one of the three paid staff Abort67 have at their demonstrations - see
http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/seven-things-you-should-know-about-britains-prolife-movement--eJhZh2BZKe

(Nothing wrong with that - trade unions and most large charities have paid officials.)
Friday 26 December 2014 10.04am
Sunday 28 December 2014 10.37am
People are often perceived - incorrectly - occasionally - as "fanatics" especially if one dosent agree with them............ The proof of the pudding is in the eating
Sunday 28 December 2014 11.45am
I often disagree with posters on this forum, I think they are wrong, have different beliefs, are too PC, too liberal, too left wing, too right wing but never fanatical. We just view the world through different coloured lenses on our spectacles at different times and I enjoy the differences in all their many guises.
It is the differences that make this forum so interesting, and we get help and information from contributors.
But I haven't spotted a fanatic yet. Have you Paramount?
Sunday 28 December 2014 4.26pm
Paramount wrote:
People are often perceived - incorrectly - occasionally - as "fanatics" especially if one dosent agree with them............ The proof of the pudding is in the eating

To be honest, people with opinions may voice them or come onto a forum and have their views recorded on carbon, fanatics might stand outside Drs surgeries, daily, holding offensive placards.
Fanatics may also lie in the road simulating death or serious injury whilst holding up half of central London.
Both sets of fanatics see themselves as saving lives, go figure.
Sunday 28 December 2014 5.57pm
There is a (not so) fine line between being passionate or fanatical about something.
Monday 2 March 2015 8.47pm
Update on Petition

Dear Supporters,

Once again I want to say thank you for your support. We're almost at 120 000!
This Wednesday, myself and 4 others, will be delivering the petition to No.10 Downing Street. Many thanks to those at the bpas for making this happen and to those at Change.org for their advice :) Without all of your help, our trip to Downing Street would have never happened. I feel so honoured to be able to present this petition on behalf of all of you who have taken the time to sign this.

Together with the #backoff campaign, started by the bpas, we are sending a clear and strong message to government that it is time to put a stop to these protests.

Best wishes
Erika ️xxx
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 10 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions