London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 11 of 14
Wednesday 4 March 2015 2.21pm
Is it the location of the clinic or the role it plays that is causing so much opposition?

I don't like the idea of abortion but women and girls need a safe place to go to have them and seek out advice. Bully tactics are not helpful and the last thing we need in London is the type of pro-life backed violence you see in the USA.
Wednesday 4 March 2015 2.23pm
ProfessorPlum wrote:
Is it the location of the clinic or the role it plays that is causing so much opposition?
I don't like the idea of abortion but women and girls need a safe place to go to have them and seek out advice. Bully tactics are not helpful and the last thing we need in London is the type of pro-life backed violence you see in the USA.

It's the role it plays. The anti-abortionists are backed by US pro-lifers by the way.
Wednesday 4 March 2015 2.25pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
ProfessorPlum wrote:

It's the role it plays. The anti-abortionists are backed by US pro-lifers by the way.

That is the last thing we need in the UK rabid religious dogma (of any flavour).
Thursday 5 March 2015 9.57am
Pretty disgraceful that the whole thing is backed by US pro-lifers who are hardly the most pleasant people in the world.
Thursday 5 March 2015 10.43am
USA pro-lifers are not just unpleasant they are vicious murdering thugs, arsonists and terrorists.
Thursday 5 March 2015 12.15pm
I know this doesn't affect the overall point but I heard Erika interviewed on the radio yesterday, it turns out that she didn't know where Blackfriars clinic was "somewhere in South London" and she hadn't spoke to any victims of harassment who were visiting the clinic.
For some reason I was a little disappointed. I would have thought she might have spoken to a few people that were harassed, perhaps they don't exist and this is all political.
Thursday 5 March 2015 5.10pm
boroughonian wrote:
I know this doesn't affect the overall point but I heard Erika interviewed on the radio yesterday, it turns out that she didn't know where Blackfriars clinic was "somewhere in South London" and she hadn't spoke to any victims of harassment who were visiting the clinic.
For some reason I was a little disappointed. I would have thought she might have spoken to a few people that were harassed, perhaps they don't exist and this is all political.

You are right, this doesn't affect the overall point. As a matter of fact, it misses the point altogether. You are seeing politics where there aren't any. Visitors of the practice on the other couldn't help seeing the huge images of aborted babies etc which the anti-abortionists wave in people's faces. Read Erika's original statement. Nothing in it justifies your comment, so I can only conclude that it is political.
Thursday 19 March 2015 7.17pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:

You are right, this doesn't affect the overall point. As a matter of fact, it misses the point altogether. You are seeing politics where there aren't any. Visitors of the practice on the other couldn't help seeing the huge images of aborted babies etc which the anti-abortionists wave in people's faces. Read Erika's original statement. Nothing in it justifies your comment, so I can only conclude that it is political.

Nope, just a reference to how she is spoken about on this post, that's from memory by the way. I wont be trawling through the thread, but that's the reason for my comment.
I have every reason to get political on this should I choose to, as I said before, if it were abort 63 I wouldn't be here.
I choose not to, although I'm always concerned when debate is closed down, I also have a major problem with those placards, nothing else.
Would buffer zones just apply to anti abortionists? Or is it more likely that it would represent yet more anti demo legislation? (Oops, bit political)
Pages:  PreviousFirst...4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next
Current: 11 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions