London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 14
Wednesday 10 December 2014 9.20pm
I like the idea of a buffer zone.
Wednesday 10 December 2014 9.22pm
'these people won't be reasoned with' sums it up perfectly!
Zoe
Wednesday 10 December 2014 9.30pm
Brill report on channel 4, though it's a shame they filmed just after it started as there were a lot more people later.

Abort67 really did seem like fanatics and there isn't much point in speaking to them as they have all clearly been trained in what to say and they were quoting it in rote. They also seemed a lot more nasty in person than they seemed in the pictures.

I have been reading up on the buffer zones and I think it is probably the right thing to do, to protect ordinary people who want to use these services.
Wednesday 10 December 2014 9.40pm
Zoe wrote:
Brill report on channel 4, though it's a shame they filmed just after it started as there were a lot more people later.
Abort67 really did seem like fanatics and there isn't much point in speaking to them as they have all clearly been trained in what to say and they were quoting it in rote. They also seemed a lot more nasty in person than they seemed in the pictures.

I have been reading up on the buffer zones and I think it is probably the right thing to do, to protect ordinary people who want to use these services.

Thanks for organising this, Zoe. I am pretty sure a majority of people is against Abort67's tactics, so bringing to their attention what is going on can only be a good thing.
Thursday 11 December 2014 12.19am
a powerful torch such as a maglite shone directly in someones camera lense recording people , can disrupt it and stop any image being taken .

so i heard
Thursday 11 December 2014 12.16pm
here's what we published earlier today x http://t.co/BpZ04XUZjo
Thursday 11 December 2014 1.44pm
Well done Zoe, et al.
Thursday 11 December 2014 2.14pm
pros wrote:

Hardly an objective piece though, isn't it?
Thursday 11 December 2014 2.40pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
pros wrote:

Hardly an objective piece though, isn't it?

well i've not worked out a 'sensible' way to respond to offensive rubbish yet, working on it :)
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 4 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions