London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 14
Thursday 11 December 2014 6.20pm
Zoe wrote:

Brilliant! I am in full employment, so couldn't make it, but in future I'd happily take time off to join!
Friday 12 December 2014 7.45pm
Another poor little baby boy has been found on a waste conveyor belt in yorkshire, perhaps the desperate mother had been frightened off by similar pro-life protesters in her area. A young girl could at this moment be dying of septacaemia or blood loss...

Thank the Lord for the clinics available that help women.
Saturday 13 December 2014 1.45pm
This story is going viral...
Sunday 14 December 2014 6.37am
What are the plans for this Wednesday? Who's up for continuing with our polite counter-demonstration? Perhaps holding posters this time showing our support for the clinic, and asking Abort67 to go away.
Sunday 14 December 2014 10.31am
we could also, as one of the women i spoke to suggested, do something similar to what the german activists did, ie, we could agree to each give say 5 every time they turn up at the clinic or 1 per minute they're there or something and donate that money to the clinic?
Sunday 14 December 2014 6.03pm
It appears that Blackfriars Medical Practice are wrong by not allowing the practice patients their say with a consultation document to sign and comment on. I am a member patient of this practice and was not consulted on my feelings either way. So perhaps BMP could do so now in retrospect.

BPAS has other clinics in London and this is where enquirers have always been referred so why the change? I suspect partly this due to the BMP wishing to make more money by letting out what is really meant for 'usual GP facilities.'

Also it would be more discreet and private for the women involved to go to special clinics set up principally for this purpose not using general practice facilities thereby avoiding discomfort for all and stopping protests on either side of the equation.
Sunday 14 December 2014 6.12pm
Paramount wrote:
It appears that Blackfriars Medical Practice are wrong by not allowing the practice patients their say with a consultation document to sign and comment on. I am a member patient of this practice and was not consulted on my feelings either way. So perhaps BMP could do so now in retrospect.

BPAS has other clinics in London and this is where enquirers have always been referred so why the change? I suspect partly this due to the BMP wishing to make more money by letting out what is really meant for 'usual GP facilities.'

Also it would be more discreet and private for the women involved to go to special clinics set up principally for this purpose not using general practice facilities thereby avoiding discomfort for all and stopping protests on either side of the equation.

Unless you have any evidence for the fact that BMP does this for money, I'll take your statement with a healthy does of salt. Also, discrete and private? It's not as if you can tell why someone visits the practice, unless you drag it out of them. That's why visiting a regular medical practice offers more privacy and discretion than a special clinic, where it would be obvious why someone is visiting. This would allow abort67 to target their victims even more aggressively.
Sunday 14 December 2014 8.49pm
Paramount, I am deeply offended by your post; I hope that wasn't your intention. "Avoiding discomfort for all" Discomfort? All? Unwanted pregnancy is not contagious, nor is it anything of which to be ashamed. I'm sure I wouldn't suffer any discomfort if I walked into the surgery with someone planning an abortion - how would I know?
Monday 15 December 2014 1.24am
Paramount when, as a patient, did BMP last consult you and other patients and ask you to sign consultation papers on the running of their practice?
Have they ever had a referendum on what the practice should and should not do?
It is not the pregnant women attending the clinic who are the problem it is the protesters Abort 67 who are nothing to do with BMP or their patients but are seeking to interfere in what should be a confidential matter.
I am sure the women seeking advice want to do so discreetly and quietly and should be allowed to so do.

None of us should seek to judge them or make life more difficult for them.
Monday 15 December 2014 2.32pm
BMP should have consulted with patients before proceeding with BPAS clincs hosting

Could have avoided a lot of ill-feeling and confusion amongst people.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 5 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions