London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 8 of 14
Monday 22 December 2014 10.46pm
I too signed the petition.

However, abortion is a very sad and unpleasant procedure for any woman to endure.

Many women suffer feelings of regret and depression years after having an abortion.

I am pretty sure that most abortions are a result of accidental, unplanned pregnancies, and not a result of women wanting to have a child and then changing their mind...

I'm all for these clinics, but feel that a greater effort shout be undertaken to educate girls on how to avoid unwanted pregnancies and practice safe sex.

It makes sense to me: how about the rest of you?
Monday 22 December 2014 11.05pm
Intemperate body language or phrases such as "throwing white paint at them". (Presumbably abort 67) should not be used and does not appear to be very peaceful to me..... Reservation should be maitained by all sides at all times. My concern is for members of Blackfriars Nedical centre. Staff or patients who ha ve to endure this and therefore a separate building should be allocated for BPAS users.

Cotswolds 12
Monday 22 December 2014 11.19pm
Don't like buffer zones idea plus the use of "Go Away" messages is yet another unnecessary unintelligent example as the phrase is well known to be a "polite form" of lower derogatory expression used by those I for one would not wish to be associeted with.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 12.15am
Paramount wrote:
Intemperate body language or phrases such as "throwing white paint at them". (Presumbably abort 67) should not be used and does not appear to be very peaceful to me..... Reservation should be maitained by all sides at all times. My concern is for members of Blackfriars Nedical centre. Staff or patients who ha ve to endure this and therefore a separate building should be allocated for BPAS users.

paramount, what next, separate gp surgeries for, say, bankers and estate agents? how would you want to be informed about what people are going to their gp surgeries for?!?!?!
Tuesday 23 December 2014 2.06am
Jules, don't really want to discuss sex education on this thread; I think there is another thread where people expressed their view related to the Abort67 protest. We are keen to ensure that A67 allow people who have made a decision to do so without being harassed. Their fight should be with the Law makers of this country and not individual women. Paramount; thank goodness I am not the sort of person you want to associate with.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 9.11am
I signed the petition as well. Paramount: the buffer zones are a compromise. I'd really would like to see the aggressive, deliberately intimidating bullying tactics as practiced by A67 ( I am now going to start calling them that in order to hopefully give them less publicity) banned from Britain. For the sake of free speech, but also the fact that for example abortion is legal in this country, for good reason, I find the buffer zones mean meeting A67 halfway, giving them more leeway than in my opinion they deserve. Anti-abortionists are entitled to their opinion, but this is not expressing their opinion or exerting free speech, this is indiscriminate ramming their righteousness down other people's throats and in my opinion, it voids any entitlement to their right to protest. Their same aggression and judgement is evident from the insults in your posts as well. The quickest way for you to stop associating with us unintelligent people is to stop posting on here - you are not achieving anything constructive anyway, apart from confirming people's opinion that A67 are wrong. On many levels.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 9.35am
I can stop posting on here. But the Truth will endurea as it always has even if as ever in a minority
Tuesday 23 December 2014 9.52am
Paramount wrote:
I can stop posting on here. But the Truth will endurea as it always has even if as ever in a minority

Merry Christmas
Tuesday 23 December 2014 10.04am
At least there was/is a buffer zone petition. No such'petition' was in overt evidence made by BNP or anyone else to its pre abortion clinic days users o ourlocal southbank community
Tuesday 23 December 2014 10.10am
Karen I wrote:
Jules, don't really want to discuss sex education on this thread; I think there is another thread where people expressed their view related to the Abort67 protest. We are keen to ensure that A67 allow people who have made a decision to do so without being harassed. Their fight should be with the Law makers of this country and not individual women. Paramount; thank goodness I am not the sort of person you want to associate with.

Oh I don't know. I started THIS particular thread, and although that doesn't mean I own it, I do think Jules has a point. You can't do enough to protect girls or women from unwanted pregnancies, and sex education for both boys and girls is definitely 1 effective solution towards that. If we manage to reduce teenage pregnancies caused by a lack of sex education, more money an resource can be steered towards tackling pregnancies as a consequence of working in the sex trade or through what I consider one of the most awful crimes.
Current: 8 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions