London SE1 community website

Blackfriars abortion clinic controversy reaches Parliament

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 9 of 14
Tuesday 23 December 2014 10.35am
Paramount, you haven't answered my questions as to your antecedents, I can therefore deduce that you are a covert A67 member or supporter. Not once have you condemned them and their bullying tactics and harassment of the innocent.
You keep waffling on about petitions, referenda etc. for the local community and deliberately ignore the will of Parliament, and therefore the will of the people. Every General Election demonstrates that the status quo on abortion is acceptable to the electorate. You may not like it but that is democracy in action. If you want to change it then do it in Parliament at the correct time not on a doctor's doorstep.
Please less of the sanctimonius claptrap like the "Truth" will endure.
Even though you don't want to be associated with the likes of me (my gain I believe) I would like to wish you the merriest of Christmasses and a happy New Year.

Merry Christmas everybody.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 11.28am
I have no connection with A67 or any other pressure group except as another human being ...I loathe discord and peace is a most precious community so let's strive towards it in our community not shouting the other down tactics........RE the general elections all main parties appear to support abortion facilities some brave souls speaking out. We should not be intimated as we all have a right our opinion no told to go away. As I am sure The Editor will readily concur. Yes Merry Christmas to all and to you James -Ed for putting uo with us. ++++ as tiny tim observed. "God bless us everyone"
Tuesday 23 December 2014 11.43am
Abort67's website doesn't seem to be accessible, but you can read about them on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abort67

Quote: Abort67 is a pro-life protest group in the UK known for using hardline tactics such as holding protests outside of abortion clinics, counselling people going in or out of the clinics, and displaying graphic images of aborted fetuses. Such tactics are considered unusual and extreme in the UK, although they are more common in the US. Abort67 is a pro-life protest group in the UK known for using hardline tactics such as holding protests outside of abortion clinics, counselling people going in or out of the clinics, and displaying graphic images of aborted fetuses. Such tactics are considered unusual and extreme in the UK, although they are more common in the US. Abort67 receives financial support from US anti-abortion groups, and the graphic images which they use in protests also come from the US.

So perhaps the slogan shouldn't be 'Go away' but 'Go away, and take you nastiness back to America where it came from'.

I see they also claim to be 'Christians', presumably also in the peculiarly American sense of that word.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 12.25pm
Well said, John and TBH. I think "Paramount" is posting under a pseudonym.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 1.29pm
Sorry, I didn't mean to stop anyone from talking about sex-education in schools; of course it is important. My only concern is that lack of sex-education is not necessarily linked to unwanted pregnancy. Even the most well-educated can be let down by contraception.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 1.42pm
Can someone please explain the 'difference' between an "American Christian" and any other christian in the universe? ......answers on a postage stamp may suffice!
Tuesday 23 December 2014 1.50pm
Ruth Rawlins appears to be an ordinary young female Londoner concerned about preserving life. What is so wrong about that? Plus she is obviously not from 'America' but even if she or A67 were USA etc is immaterial as they all follow the.same spiritual leader ---.don't they?
Tuesday 23 December 2014 2.01pm
Paramount wrote:
Can someone please explain the 'difference' between an "American Christian" and any other christian in the universe? ......answers on a postage stamp may suffice!

Well, I don't think we have any branches of the Westboro Baptist Church in Britain, although there is a Ku Klux Klan here. Furthermore, we haven't had any of this here (yet) I think.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 3.07pm
Paramount wrote:

It's quite plain what the term is being used to describe. I refuse to believe that you don't understand, given your proven ability to understand the rest of the thread.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 23 December 2014 3.37pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Paramount wrote:

It's quite plain what the term is being used to describe. I refuse to believe that you don't understand, given your proven ability to understand the rest of the thread.

Surely you aren't implying Paramount is being deliberately disingenuous? :)
Current: 9 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions