London SE1 community website

Takeaways

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 21 November 2014 5.39pm
Have had excellent curry recently from Rajah on East street - (and their score on the door is 5)
Friday 21 November 2014 5.49pm
and on this topic - good chinese takeaway anyone (delivery preferred)? one veggie and one omnivore in the house - love chinese food but I still haven't found what I'm looking for....
Friday 21 November 2014 7.20pm
Crystal China on Tower Bridge Road (I think that's what it's called) is very good, but their delivery service is crap. Best off collecting as last time I ordered for delivery it took almost two hours and was cold. I wouldn't have had it again, but we did and I collected and it was excellent.
Friday 21 November 2014 11.45pm
SophieLondon wrote:
and on this topic - good chinese takeaway anyone (delivery preferred)? one veggie and one omnivore in the house - love chinese food but I still haven't found what I'm looking for....

If the veggie likes tofu, the best I've found is from Laughing. You get loads and it's fried. Not the cubes of white wobbly stuff.
Monday 24 November 2014 12.23pm
mickybar wrote:
I am italian and I am still looking for a good pizza in SE1. Didn't try Village Pizza, but when I find in the menu pizza with chicken I can see they're not true italians :-) although I'll probably try it anyway.
I tried Basilico instead, the one in TBR, they do deliveries, not bad, not excellent, a little bit pricey overall.
Can't wait for Franco Manca to open in Bermondsey Street.

Have you tried Pizza Lupa, Holyrood Court just off Bermondsey Street, I think they are fantastic. I wish that La Dolce Vita on London Road did takeaway.
Monday 24 November 2014 4.39pm
Gavin Smith wrote:
Crystal China on Tower Bridge Road (I think that's what it's called) is very good, but their delivery service is crap. Best off collecting as last time I ordered for delivery it took almost two hours and was cold. I wouldn't have had it again, but we did and I collected and it was excellent.

We had exactly the same experience, we go collect it now too.
Tuesday 25 November 2014 9.21am
beetroot wrote:
SophieLondon wrote:

If the veggie likes tofu, the best I've found is from Laughing. You get loads and it's fried. Not the cubes of white wobbly stuff.
Thank you Beetroot good recommendation - super quick delivery - only 25min!
npt
Monday 1 December 2014 2.39pm
After a few years of sampling different takeaways, my girlfriend and I seem to have settled on; Lucky Horse for Chinese (Surrey Quays but deliver to SE1). They also do Thai but it's not as good as the Chinese dishes. Curry Express on Weston St for Indian. Always quick, very good quality, and cheap (Chicken Karai is the current fave from there). Pizza Lupa for Pizza and, my fave, chicken wings. We really can't seem to find a good Thai place. Rosa's in Spitalfields used to deliver all the way down to us but have stopped that now. Purple Mango in Camberwell used to be good but it seems to have dropped in quality lately. Worth a try if you're looking for something slightly different to your standard Indian Menu
Wednesday 3 December 2014 11.55am
Really surprised about food hygiene rating of Café Nawaz - we've eaten there regularly for years - love the food, great staff, cheap & BYOB too! Never had an issue with dodgy food.

Yes I wish that a good Thai would open, who deliver.
Saturday 6 June 2015 8.56am
Very pleased to see Cafe Nawaz had a review in January and is back up to 5 stars for hygiene on scores on the doors.

Have been back and the food is still great and the staff are too.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions