London SE1 community website

Bermondsey Sq Xmas market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 December 2014 10.54am
Was at a market in Bermondsey Sq on Saturday night, it was completely different to last year.

Does anyone know if the antique traders are having a night time market this year?

I'm not a huge antiques fan at all, but last year I got this nice wooden elephant sculpture / carving thing for twenty quid. Was looking forward to this year, but last Saturday's market wasn't the same Friday morning traders at all.
Monday 8 December 2014 6.07pm
popped into the chip shop on Long Lane Saturday evening and there were 2 women complaining that they had travelled a way for the market and it was not very good-to me it was just like the normal Stock Market-not sure what they advertised it as???
Tuesday 9 December 2014 10.43am
Very very poor
Friday 12 December 2014 9.21am
Yes I was pretty unimpressed with it as well.

I sent a message to the BermondseySq twitter account asking them if the antiques one was happening this year, but never got any response.

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions