London SE1 community website

Development on top of Southwark Station

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8
Friday 6 March 2015 7.01pm
Indeed, Southwark must be angry for DevSec making their plans public too early. Or maybe the developers think they can push Southwark for a decision by going public.
Monday 9 March 2015 2.22pm
Karen I - couldn't have put it better myself. Thank you. (And brave to put your head over the parapet...)
Sunday 15 March 2015 8.43pm
Cllr David Noakes has tabled this question to the leader of the council to be answered at the council assembly meeting on 25 March:

6. QUESTION TO THE LEADER FROM COUNCILLOR DAVID NOAKES

Can the leader confirm what discussions and meetings the council has had with Development Securities or any other interested parties in regards to the Southwark tube station site with particular reference to Styles House and council-owned land?

Will post the answer as soon as it is published, plus the audio of any supplemental question that arises from it at the meeting

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 16 March 2015 9.36am
Karen, Zoe and company,
I would suggest that you watch very carefully the tense of the verbs used by Southwark Council, DevSec and TfL.
To say "No deal has been done" does not mean one is not being done, to say "We have not sold any land to DevSec" does not mean there is no intention to so do, to say "no talks have taken place to sell council owned land" does not mean an agreement to leave the subject on the backburner hasn't been an accomodation offered and accepted.
Never let the Heygate and Aylesbury developements and subsequent decantings slip from your minds and leave any doubts as to what Southwark Council officers and leaders are capable of doing to the detriment of the concerned tenants and resident homeowners..
Monday 16 March 2015 4.53pm
I believe that if a developer has a proposal, the council are obliged to hear them out. How they respond depends on what the proposal is, and we know that the council showed real interest the last time DevSec spoke with them a year or so ago. We will never forget that item on the agenda of the Cabinet meeting; it didn't walk on to the agenda! We know that the council met with DevSec in December and they said they would get back to the council in February; they didn't. I have put in a FoI request for all information relating to this issue. Personally, I think the council should kick this developer into touch; they have put the council in a difficult - or awkward - position. Everyone who has ever owned that factory has wanted to buy up the occupied land around so they can expand their build and make a larger profit. I've lived with this for 15 years, it is very depressing never knowing if your home is safe.
Thursday 26 March 2015 4.20pm

[I'll publish a news piece - including the written answer to the original question - in a day or two]

Wednesday 24 June 2015 6.45pm
Saturday 16 January 2016 11.22am
Just an update on this. I got nothing from my FoI request. There were no notes or minutes kept for any meetings between the council and Development Security, and not even hiding under one of their subsidiaries ie The Cathedral Group. I've put in many FoI's recently and received nothing. It seems to me that the council keeps it's records in different forms in different places so they can state the 18 hour rule. But that's by-the-by and this thread may now go off at a tangent; fine by me. The other update, is that Development Security and The Cathedral Group have 'merged' and re-branded; they are now U and I (U+I), so if anyone comes across anything that might relate to Algarve House or Southwark Station can they please post on this thread. I feel, on this one, that we need to have eyes in the back of our head.
Monday 17 July 2017 11.29am
Latest: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/9329

Zoe
Monday 17 July 2017 5.10pm
We at Styles House have the joy of meeting U&I and TfL next week, with our councillors (who as ever have been great).

Thanks James for continuing to report on it.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 4 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions