London SE1 community website

KeepMoat Company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Thursday 12 March 2015 7.05pm
Hi Jules

I come under southwark actually and dont live that far from the four squares, I am on keetons estates.

Jules62 wrote:
Hi Ladywriter1968,
I believe you are located in Lambeth (due to your MP being a woman).

Keepmoat also has contracts in Southwark and I know for a fact that the TRA on the Four Squares estate (who are a formidable organization) have been able to exercise a great deal of control over them.

The fact that 50 people turned up at your meeting and they where (rightly) shouting is very positive, I suggest you build on this level of participation and make Keepmoat listen to you and your fellow residents.

Best wishes!

PS: Perhaps you could contact the Four Squares TRA for advice on how best to deal with Keepmoat.
Thursday 12 March 2015 7.07pm
What also concerns me is, anyone disconnecting gas should be corgi qualified registered, when they came they shown no evidence of this and I mentioned it at the meeting about this qualification and the manager seemed a bit distant, I mean, they either are, or they are not, or they dont know what I am going on about.
Thursday 12 March 2015 7.10pm
Hi Jules, I did reply but its disappeared. I come under southwark on keetons estate, our mp is Simon Hughes but the councilor is a lady.
Thursday 12 March 2015 7.21pm
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
Hi Jules, I did reply but its disappeared. I come under southwark on keetons estate, our mp is Simon Hughes but the councilor is a lady.

Hi Ladywriter1968,

Sorry, I assumed your MP was a woman (and therefore Kate Hoey):

Ladywriter1968 wrote:
My mp came back and said it was bad and she would help me

Again, I urge you and your fellow residents to take a leaf out of the Four Squares TRA and stand up to this contractor.
Thursday 12 March 2015 11.25pm
Kick up an almighty fuss with the council and the contractors. Get your Councillors to help you. We had to but I wish we had done it earlier. One of my neigbours was nearly gassed because the contractors didn't connect the gas cooker properly, and they do have to be Corgi registered. You must put pressure on your Clerk of Works who is employed by he council to make sure everything is done properly. We didn't realise the importance of his role until near the end and he should have taken the rap for quite a few things that weren't done properly because he didn't bother going into everybody's flat to check for himself. If all else fails and you don't think you are being listened to, email Gerri Scott at the council and she'll kick a few butts! They should be grateful that you are looking out for THEIR housing stock.
Monday 16 March 2015 5.02pm
Karen I wrote:
they do have to be Corgi registered.

The CORGI scheme ended in 2009. Installers now have to be Gas Safe registered. Details of how to check their Gas Safe Register ID card at http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/about/how_to_check_the_id_card.aspx
Monday 16 March 2015 6.03pm
According to last week's Southwark News, new-build properties constructed by Keepmoat in Peckham are within a year of construction plagued by issues and require major works to remedy....
Tuesday 17 March 2015 5.52pm
Jules62 wrote:
Ladywriter1968 wrote:
our mp is Simon Hughes. comes under southwark.
Hi Ladywriter1968,

Sorry, I assumed your MP was a woman (and therefore Kate Hoey):

Ladywriter1968 wrote:
My mp came back and said it was bad and she would help me

Again, I urge you and your fellow residents to take a leaf out of the Four Squares TRA and stand up to this contractor.
Tuesday 17 March 2015 6.03pm
Thanks for all your input on this, at the tenants meeting, just to clarify, I wasnt a member in the meeting, I just went along to it with my neighbour and sat in the crowd along with others bringing up all their mistakes. Everyone had questions of which very few answers were given. This office worker seems to have short term memory to. She asked us to do a survey over phone when we already done one on day of it, she rang my neighbour this morning and when she knocked at neighbours this afternoon she told neighbour she dont remember ringing her this morning. My neighbour is 80 and this girl must be early 20's. My neighbour got a better memory then the girl has. They now need to come and sign off the works here when I thought this was already done when the 2nd electrician came and they checked everything. I have a well nasty cold and a fever and generally feel unwell and gets knock from the two girls saying they need to return tomorrow to check it all again. I told them my husband works nights to they said we wont be long. I dont think they know who they have rewired and who they have not, who has been checked and who hasnt.
Tuesday 17 March 2015 6.04pm
Truthmonkey-home wrote:
Karen I wrote:
they do have to be Corgi registered.
Thank you for this.
The CORGI scheme ended in 2009. Installers now have to be Gas Safe registered. Details of how to check their Gas Safe Register ID card at http://www.gassaferegister.co.uk/about/how_to_check_the_id_card.aspx
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions