London SE1 community website

Unexploded WWII bomb in Grange Walk, Bermondsey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5
Monday 23 March 2015 2.56pm
Thanks Guy's Street.

I only moved into the area on Saturday! I hope it isn't always this exciting in SE1.
Monday 23 March 2015 3.17pm
Karen - at the moment Spa Rd is closed
Monday 23 March 2015 3.30pm
So what does that mean? If you live in the Exchange, or the Neckinger Estate, you're not allowed into your home after you finish work?
Monday 23 March 2015 3.31pm
TimC wrote:
Karen - at the moment Spa Rd is closed

Thank you Tim.
Monday 23 March 2015 3.45pm
kevinruairi wrote:
So what does that mean? If you live in the Exchange, or the Neckinger Estate, you're not allowed into your home after you finish work?

Depends what time you finish work I think.
Monday 23 March 2015 3.49pm
I think it's Lend Lease and the Council trying to do some "fast-track" regeneration!
Monday 23 March 2015 3.52pm
I'll be finished work at 5pm, I'll be like a cat in a bag if I get home and I can't have my dinner.
Monday 23 March 2015 4.32pm
Not sure if this will work but it is a link to a tweeted map from local Cllr showing the exclusion zone. Pedrinho allowed within outer circle at moment but not in inner areas https://twitter.com/lordlucas/status/579984249798963201
Monday 23 March 2015 4.43pm
TimC wrote:
Not sure if this will work but it is a link to a tweeted map from local Cllr showing the exclusion zone. Pedrinho allowed within outer circle at moment but not in inner areas https://twitter.com/lordlucas/status/579984249798963201

Thanks Tim, this is very helpful. Looks like we are just outside the inner ring.

Good luck to everyone getting home!
Monday 23 March 2015 4.50pm
A couple of hours ago the western end of Grange Walk was taped off at Tower Bridge Road, but accessible via Grigg's Place. Hope that's still true... if anyone thinks it's not, please do post!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 2 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions