London SE1 community website

Open Streets - 30 May 2015

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7
Saturday 18 April 2015 6.15pm
Open Streets have posted a response on their blog.

http://www.openstreetslondon.com/blog/update-for-local-residents

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 18 April 2015 7.59pm
Goodness me, that's a rather defensive letter.
Sunday 19 April 2015 1.49am
Thanks for sharing this. Even more reason to attend as far as I am concerned. Although, with the number opposed to it, this might get cancelled as well.
Monday 20 April 2015 4.23pm
The notice publicising this road closure should be published in Southwark News this week apparently. Comments/objections can be sent to Southwark Council at [email protected]
Monday 20 April 2015 9.05pm
James Hatts wrote:
Open Streets have posted a response on their blog.
http://www.openstreetslondon.com/blog/update-for-local-residents

It sounds to me as if this David Love fellow's heart is in the right place.

This partial (5 hours) closure even takes place on a Saturday. I hardly expect our Capital to grind to a halt because of it.

I say: let us embrace it rather than act like hardcore NIMBY naysayers (nothing wrong with NIMBYs, but pick your battles, rather than automatically shooting everything down as a default mode.

If any of you live there, then good for you: you get to enjoy the experience without even having to travel to the location...
Tuesday 21 April 2015 12.01am
boroughbloke wrote:
I don't care about the process. I care about the fact that absolutely no one consulted me about the fact there will be restricted vehicular access to my home to make way for this absurd, strangely selfish, event.

Roughly how many hours a day is your car being used?
Thursday 28 May 2015 5.10pm
It seems like a great idea to me.
Too bad they aren't doing it on a Sunday: it would make Gt. Suffolk St. (especially the last bit near Borough) less depressing for once.
Saturday 30 May 2015 10.46am
boroughbloke wrote:
I don't care about the process. I care about the fact that absolutely no one consulted me about the fact there will be restricted vehicular access to my home to make way for this absurd, strangely selfish, event. Don't get me wrong. I am all for the idea of Open Streets, but Great Suffolk Street? What is the point?

still waiting for flyer through the door, invite to discuss the event etc, especially as funding was allocated in February what a charming community minded neighbour we have in Hannah...

open streets website wrote:
The team is busy working with local residents and businesses to organise a variety of activities that make the event exciting and fun.
Saturday 30 May 2015 11.45am
It's a nice day for it. Will pop round a bit later for a butcher's.
Saturday 30 May 2015 10.24pm
I was busy today. Was it a success?
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 5 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions