London SE1 community website

Open Streets - 30 May 2015

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7
Saturday 30 May 2015 10.29pm
Yes, good fun, glad they did it, looking forward to the next one. Very nice atmosphere at terrys cafe. Begrudgers have the street for the other 364, let them whine and whinge in their online echo chamber, everyone there today was supportive and positive.
Saturday 30 May 2015 10.41pm
kevinruairi wrote:
Yes, good fun, glad they did it, looking forward to the next one. Very nice atmosphere at terrys cafe. Begrudgers have the street for the other 364, let them whine and whinge in their online echo chamber, everyone there today was supportive and positive.

I didn't really dare and post something positive, but I enjoyed it. Great live band and the bee stand was very interesting, as were the guys with the bow and arrows.
Saturday 30 May 2015 11.52pm
Have to say the Cut being closed is quite nice. Open Streets some time?
Sunday 31 May 2015 9.53am
Great event, lovely to have the street free of traffic for a few hours. Roll on next year!
Zoe
Sunday 31 May 2015 8.26pm
I have also felt that we should have arranged something to coincide with The Cut being closed to traffic. It's been rather marvellous!
Monday 1 June 2015 10.19pm
No comments about the event after it's all done and dusted from the likes of Boroughbloke, catflap, pieces of eight? Which part annoyed you most about it? The kids playing games, the dancing, the free live music? I hope next year you will not be as bitter and negative in the run up to it.
Monday 1 June 2015 10.49pm
With the absolute standstill of traffic in the vicinity due to Elephant and Castle redevelopment, the cycle pathway, constant building works and the closing of The Cut what the ......

The photos clearly show it was sparcely attended by the usual crew who support everything "hashtag community". One said it was windy, ad hoc, the singing was faint and the floral arrangement in the road fell over. It is only in recent history that the shopkeepers in the vacinity begged Southwark Council not to close any more routes which were keeping shoppers away and the rows go on about parking charges! But here we go again. I definitely went - elsewhere.
Tuesday 2 June 2015 9.02am
i must admit with the roadworks in the area the timing for shutting the road off was not good-but also there was no one to tell people where they could go-after a long drive back from the west country all i found were road closed signs and no one to tell me where i could go so badly organised on that score
Tuesday 2 June 2015 9.41am
ljustice0773 wrote:
the usual crew who support everything "hashtag community". .

As opposed to the usual crew who moan about everything "hashtag fun"
Tuesday 2 June 2015 10.23am
This was probably my favourite:

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 6 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions