London SE1 community website

Gregorian Arms closed?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Friday 17 April 2015 11.29pm
Davies you seem to have formed an incredibly low opinion of me with knowing absolutely nothing about me, which I find annoying and offensive. My first post was meant as a light hearted joke and you quite clearly didn't read my second post. I am NOT a self confessed non customer. I also do not make my children stand in the road for hours.

The Greg has not closed for good just a refurb under new ownership so will no doubt still be a social hub for people of all ages and I'm sure it will still need to employ staff. I honestly didn't think a small quip about the timing of the re-opening would garner such a toxic response.

James Hatts, I am sorry I have been the cause of this thread going off topic.
Friday 17 April 2015 11.57pm
I have no idea who Miriam or Davies are but may I invite Davies to withdraw his recent posts given Miriam's posts at 2.27 yesterday.

My understanding is on this website that you don't play the person but the ball,

If you want to complain about the Marathon, fine. But do not personalise it, especially when it is factually wrong.
Saturday 18 April 2015 9.35am
Miriam wrote:
I also have to point out that it always seemed to me that the Gregorian did quite nicely out of marathon day and actively encouraged people in to use the toilets given that for the last few years they've had big signs outside directing to the toilets. I am sure most people, my family included, purchase plenty of refreshments from the Gregorian, as a result of their welcoming atmosphere.

Davies, reading the above may help with one aspect of your attack on Miriam, because you seem not to have done so before wading in with more downright nasty comments. When in hole, stop digging.
Saturday 18 April 2015 10.30am
Davies - your rudeness to Miriam was entirely uncalled for - and you continued it even when asked not to.

You will not be able to post on this website for the next seven days.

The treatment Miriam experienced falls well short of what I (and I think most members/users of this website) would like or expect.

Thread closed.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions