London SE1 community website

20 Blackfriars Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 19 August 2016 1.17pm
James Hatts wrote:
Work has resumed today
Aah, yes, but what about today ? There's rain around.
Monday 17 October 2016 11.20am
Yet again Southwark give permission to tear down ornate historic and characterful building frontages such as the Paper Moon public house and the lovely warehouse to it's left to be replaced with faceless zero character (most probably glass) high rises. Having visited Dubai, all I felt was a yearning for some sort of historic or cultural substance i.e. the old town and visiting the oldest mosque. This area really is fast becoming little Dubai.
Monday 17 October 2016 1.17pm
I was back in SE1 the other week - just for a short while [ meeting ] and things have changed in tyhe 14 months since ive been gone - give it another 24 months and i wont know the place

The more i think about se1 - the more i miss it, its like ive lost a loved one

Used to luv getting off the tube at the elephant and then walking in a different route each day to the BFB, same thing at lunchtime - mow its the same boring walk every day here in the wharf

Apologies for going slightly off subject here yet I agree, ok nice they are re0builiding/branding SE1 but never take away the history of character
Thursday 17 November 2016 12.30pm
Public exhibition today and Saturday:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/18311/18-blackfriars-road-development-proposals

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 November 2016 9.35pm
Are we not sick to the back teeth of these glassy developments where we know without use of a crystal ball that local residents will be shafted, and not a single affordable home will be built. FFS!!!! . I won't even bother to put commas around affordable as we all know they will not be, except for overseas "off plan" investors. I can't bring myself to go and see the plans. I just want to throw up.
Monday 21 November 2016 9.07pm
It is astonishing that the developer announces on Friday 18 November that there will be an exhibition of their proposals on Saturday 19 November. The result is many local residents and interest groups only hear about it when London SE1 announce it on Monday 21 Nov! Who knew about this exhibition beforehand?
Monday 21 November 2016 9.27pm
The developers sent round details of the exhibition by post to local residents and businesses about 10 days ahead.

The exhibition was also listed in our email newsletter sent out on Monday 14 November:
http://www.se1direct.co.uk/issues/index.php?issue=836

Tuesday 22 November 2016 12.58am
The CGI of the tower cluster on the 18 BFR website (which includes a completed Bankside Quarter, One Blackfriars, and the proposed 18 Blackfriars) looks great! Much nicer for the skyline than random, one-off tall buildings.
Tuesday 11 July 2017 10.14am
The 18 Blackfriars scheme will be considered by planning committee on Wed 19 July 5.30pm - officers' recommendation is to approve.

Wednesday 19 July 2017 10.51pm
sjac wrote:
The CGI of the tower cluster on the 18 BFR website (which includes a completed Bankside Quarter, One Blackfriars, and the proposed 18 Blackfriars) looks great! Much nicer for the skyline than random, one-off tall buildings.

It looks like East Croydon
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions