London SE1 community website

Major work

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 May 2015 11.53pm
I'm a leaseholder at SE16, I have a major work bill problem. While searching information on the Southwark web site. I found information on groundbreaking move to help leaseholders with bills singled off 2010. It is called equity loan. After seeing this information, I have contacted the housing office if I can apply , they are telling me this offer now been with drown. But on the council web site does not say that. I'm in great confusion and difficulties. If any one can tell me about this EQUITY LOAN ? still the offer is available ? Please help on this information.
Friday 8 May 2015 7.43am
Hi Yohannes

I think this request should be in the Property thread, rather than the General Discussion.

However I do know that the Council have lots of ways to help people to pay for/spread the cost of Major Works. Get in contact with the Home Ownership Unit, who are based in the Abbeyfield Road housing office (which is in SE16).

Hope this is helpful

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions