London SE1 community website

Simon Hughes defeat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Friday 15 May 2015 9.55pm
Sure, Harriet Harman is not a Southwark MP, Helen Hayes is not a Southwark MP...
Saturday 16 May 2015 8.32am
...and neither would describe themself as the MP for Southwark
Saturday 16 May 2015 10.23am
Peter Davis wrote:
Sure, Harriet Harman is not a Southwark MP, Helen Hayes is not a Southwark MP...

oh yes she is! peckham & camberwell are entirely within the bounds of southwark ... i should know i've beaten them! ms hayes constituency is partially within southwark.
Saturday 16 May 2015 10.43am
Peter Davis wrote:

That's a lot of aitches, Labour fully backing gentrification!
Saturday 16 May 2015 11.46am
Thebunhouse wrote:
...and neither would describe themself as the MP for Southwark
If you had a friend, they would tell you that you are embarassing yourself...and Simon Hughes was never the MP for Southwark. That constituency was abolished in 1974.
Saturday 16 May 2015 8.03pm
This argument over constituency names is not very seemly. The point has been made; please move on.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Sunday 17 May 2015 1.59am
Hi All,

This whole discussion seems to center around Labour V Lib Dems.

The way I see it, the pressing issue is Tories V the UK: all the opposition parties need to take a step back in order to gain a better perspective, and find the common ground that will be needed to fight the Blue Meanies...

image hosting without registration
Sunday 17 May 2015 10.23am
Anyway I heard Simon may be offered a House of Lords seat. Although Labour have attempted to abolish the system. To a certain extent patronage and privilege still abounds in abundance in places not immediately thought of as representing the status quo! (not the rock group:) so Simon may avail himself of this opportunity and could be fitting for his work generally in the local community.
Sunday 17 May 2015 2.01pm
From before the election:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 7 of 8
Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions