London SE1 community website

Tesco The Cut

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3
Friday 5 June 2015 9.04pm
The place is shambolic. The thing that winds me up the most is the huge truck parked on the pavement every morning at about 8.30 with around 6 cages full of crap blocking the way while workers, who could care less about public safety, blindly wheel 7 foot tall wire bins full of stuff in the opposite direction. I will take a photo once The Cut reopens. Most problems at Teso stores are down to a clueless and incompetent manager not getting a grip on the situation. Come on fella - sort yourself and the store out (I complained to you last week and it was your helpful staff - not you - who sorted it out)
Saturday 6 June 2015 12.05am
have to aggree with the above comments , place always seems a mess. Hardly any staff , the self service machines seem broken half the time and the part where the bag goes is so small you can only Balance a few items on there !!
Saturday 6 June 2015 10.58pm
Ninja999, I've asked that they move the metal frame on the counter that hold the plastic bags so that customers can push the wire basket further down the counter so there's space at the front to rest our own bag. We are all encouraged to bring our own bags and yet they don't make a space for them. It's the worst supermarket I have been in for a very long time.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 6.33pm
just one more reason, why it might be a good idea to boycott Tesco. it's not as if there aren't alternatives within easy walking distance - a bit of a longer walk might mean that one could get rid of ones gym membership and save money too!
Wednesday 10 June 2015 7.55pm
good idea JOnR - to be honest I try to avoid the 'chain' supermarkets for lots of reasons but I have the odd moment of weakness/laziness
Thursday 11 June 2015 11.23am
Perhaps we could draw up a list of decent places to shop in the area?

I will start with M and S Bankside. Staff are welcoming, bargains are to be had half an hour before closing time, and the store is clean.Just avoid the lunchtime rush hour.

Iceland on Lower Marsh is good value, staff are friendly, and the place is clean too.
Thursday 11 June 2015 12.26pm
Boss St Bloke wrote:
The place is shambolic. The thing that winds me up the most is the huge truck parked on the pavement every morning at about 8.30 with around 6 cages full of crap blocking the way while workers, who could care less about public safety, blindly wheel 7 foot tall wire bins full of stuff in the opposite direction.

We've got this BS to look forward to when the Tesco opens on Queen Elizabeth Street/Curlew Street. Yippee.
Thursday 11 June 2015 1.21pm
I quite like the Sainsbury's and Tesco's opposite each other on Great Suffolk Street. Not because they are particularly nice shops (Tesco stil very scruffy despite refurb) , but because I can check out both for the same product and buy from the cheapest. For some items I know which ones are always cheaper where, so I end up doing a shop in both. Not sure that's how they intended it, but it works for me.
Thursday 11 June 2015 4.22pm
I'll also vote for Iceland. And Sainsbury's in Blackfriars Road is very nice, tidy and not at all busy in the evenings. Also very nice and friendly staff - one actually rushed to me from stacking shelves to see if I wanted to be served on the tills! Also nice bargains often.
Thursday 16 July 2015 9.58am
NickTheGreek wrote:
Boss St Bloke wrote:
The place is shambolic. The thing that winds me up the most is the huge truck parked on the pavement every morning at about 8.30 with around 6 cages full of crap blocking the way while workers, who could care less about public safety, blindly wheel 7 foot tall wire bins full of stuff in the opposite direction.

We've got this BS to look forward to when the Tesco opens on Queen Elizabeth Street/Curlew Street. Yippee.

Hi Nick - here are a couple of pics I took of the Tesco lorry, parked on the pavement, with the cages being wheeled through hapless pedestrians trying to avoid the nuisance. When there are lots of pedestrians, prams, children, this is a real bottleneck. I really hope this does not happen in Queen Elizabeth Street.

Pages:  Previous1 2 3 Next
Current: 2 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions