London SE1 community website

Digging out Basements in Ufford St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8
Tuesday 22 September 2015 9.45am
To be honest, having a daughter in ceramics, I can well see why there might be a bathroom.
She comes home like a builder!
Actually, light wouldn't be a massive issue for a potter, would it?
Tuesday 22 September 2015 10.45am
Natural light is very important for an artist who works in colour I should think. My point about the bathroom being in the art studio, is that this is a house and there is already a bathroom not too far away; these are very small houses. In fact there might be two, I've a feeling that the loft bedroom is en-suite, but I may be wrong on that.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.05am
I think you make the point, inadvertently, that a studio might need it's own washing facilities, separate from the living quarters. Art is a messy business.

Karen, I could be wrong also, just offering a possibility. It's merely a point of order, I would object to the works in the first place.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.16am
It appears that I'm being accused of 'cyber-stalking'by some. Just to assure you that all the information I have is in the public domain and available on the internet at legitimate sites and by legitimate means(no digging involved). My previous comments still stand.I have not mentioned the applicant by name or address. I do believe that when the local community is under threat people have a right to know the facts of the matter.
Interestingly, in making investigations with the Environment Agency, I understand that basement digging for 'living space' should not be entertained in Flood Zone areas by local authorities. Is it an 'Artist Studio' while it's being dug out and will it have a 'change of use' once it's established? Or, is this a 'commercial' space on a residential site?
(
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.36am
"I don't know. What would you call it if someone took an interest in you to the extent that they found out your address, the number and type of rooms in your house, and the amount it's allegedly worth?"

"The applicant's name and address would be freely available from the planning application. Mr Google could quite feasibly tell you everything else."

"cyber stalking?"
Tuesday 22 September 2015 11.59am
As Gavin Smith rightly points out, the applicant's name is on the Planning Application and the address is available on the applicant's 'commercial' website as a freelance artist. T%he 'Zoopla' estate agents website give the rest of the information. Not much effort involved.
I was interested to find out how the applicant lives whilst the proposed development takes place. The applicant can sit back in relative peace whilst disturbing the lives of a whole community and set a precedent that could condemn the whole street to several years of disruption. Call my action what you will, but I care about this community and not just myself.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 12.29pm
I wasn't calling you a cyber stalker Rev. You have my support and respect, which is a dubious honour on here, let me tell ya!
Tuesday 22 September 2015 2.21pm
Had a look at the art the applicant produces. Not messy, looks like collage work so just a lot of cutting and sticking. Definitely needs natural light for this kind of work in order to select the right colour.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 2.50pm
Rev David Pape wrote:
As Gavin Smith rightly points out, the applicant's name is on the Planning Application and the address is available on the applicant's 'commercial' website as a freelance artist. T%he 'Zoopla' estate agents website give the rest of the information. Not much effort involved.
I was interested to find out how the applicant lives whilst the proposed development takes place. The applicant can sit back in relative peace whilst disturbing the lives of a whole community and set a precedent that could condemn the whole street to several years of disruption. Call my action what you will, but I care about this community and not just myself.

So. Let's call it cyberstalking.

But I guess anything goes when you're helping out a friend?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 22 September 2015 2.54pm
Karen I wrote:
Had a look at the art the applicant produces. Not messy, looks like collage work so just a lot of cutting and sticking. Definitely needs natural light for this kind of work in order to select the right colour.

Definitely.

Well, unless you use full spectrum lighting of course. In which case you definitely don't.

The number of conclusions jumped to on this thread is making me dizzy.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 6 of 8

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions