London SE1 community website

Foxtons is upon us...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9
Tuesday 9 June 2015 8.11pm
Boroughresident I dispute every word of what you say. No one disagrees that the regeneration is due. No one is averse to change. And we who have lived here for years think it was, is, and will be a GREAT place to live. So you really are full of nonsense. But keeping an establishment called The Elephant and Castle is part of our history and not to be dumped in the name of progress, or in this case in the name of Foxtons. Frankly you sound like a pretentious git.
Tuesday 9 June 2015 8.37pm
Jackie Rokotnitz wrote:
Frankly you [BoroughResident] sound like a pretentious git

Couldn't have put it better myself!
Tuesday 9 June 2015 9.20pm
That's it!

The Council should encourage another public house use at the site, and attach a planning condition that the new venue's name is The Pretentious Git.
Tuesday 9 June 2015 9.27pm
I like it, Lionel, but how about The For Fox Sake? No offence intended!
Wednesday 10 June 2015 10.49am
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Boroughresident I dispute every word of what you say. No one disagrees that the regeneration is due. No one is averse to change. And we who have lived here for years think it was, is, and will be a GREAT place to live. So you really are full of nonsense. But keeping an establishment called The Elephant and Castle is part of our history and not to be dumped in the name of progress, or in this case in the name of Foxtons. Frankly you sound like a pretentious git.

I see no problem in disputing what I say, but I do not think you put yourself in glory by insulting someone with a different opinion. A "great place to live" does not need a major regeneration... I have been living around E&C for 8 years and I know a number of persons living there. None of them seem to share your "great place to live" view.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 10.54am
I wouldn't say Jackie's was an insult. She said that you sound like a pretentious git. I personally would've gone further.

If you and your "number of persons living there" don't share the "great place to live" view then why do you choose to live there?
Wednesday 10 June 2015 10.58am
BoroughResident wrote:
jackie rokotnitz wrote:

I see no problem in disputing what I say, but I do not think you put yourself in glory by insulting someone with a different opinion. A "great place to live" does not need a major regeneration... I have been living around E&C for 8 years and I know a number of persons living there. None of them seem to share your "great place to live" view.

But you accuse those with genuine concerns about new developments as being against change (on two separate threads), that doesn't do your point of view any favours either.
No one denies that the E&C needs regeneration, but to say that it was never a nice place to live is both unqualified ( after only 8 years) and insulting.

It feels like snobbery to me, a form of discrimination that has yet to be checked.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 11.24am
boroughonian wrote:
BoroughResident wrote:
jackie rokotnitz wrote:

But you accuse those with genuine concerns about new developments as being against change (on two separate threads), that doesn't do your point of view any favours either.
No one denies that the E&C needs regeneration, but to say that it was never a nice place to live is both unqualified ( after only 8 years) and insulting.

It feels like snobbery to me, a form of discrimination that has yet to be checked.

Wow. A form of discrimination (!). This is going too far. Discrminating who or what: a horrible concrete post-war rebuilding project giving priority to cars and a major car transportation junction. I do not think I have directed any of my comments to any body who have chosen or not to live at E&C.

A lot of hatred in this forum. Boroughonian, Jackie, good luck with your battles and certainties. I think I have nothing to add after this as a snobbish and pretentious git.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 11.34am
Wow, I'm glad I went to Roedean so you can accuse ME of being snobbish, Boroughresident. And it's not HATE you are reading, it's called discussion by people who've been here (and on this Forum) rather longer than you. I'm not happy with quite a lot of the Regeneration projects by the way, but we're discussing The Elephant and Castle here so let's stay on topic.
Wednesday 10 June 2015 12.39pm
I really think name calling is not the cool way to have a discussion.

If the subject matter is divisive: good. It opens the door to a good debate where contrasting opinions are expounded and debated.

It can get heated, but should never get personal.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 4 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions