London SE1 community website

Foxtons is upon us...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9
Monday 27 July 2015 3.38pm
I could be wrong - best to get some proper advice - but the HCEO will still have to lodge a bond and be answerable to the District Judge at their "home" county court, notwithstanding that they are in title at least an officer of the High Court.
Monday 27 July 2015 4.08pm
A lawful, High Court Possession Order sanctioned eviction does not give a bunch of bailiffs the right to act like thugs.

Their job is to enter the premises and request the occupants to vacate.

If they refuse to do so, the bailiffs should call the police who decide how best to go about enforcing the possession order.

Dragging people out of bed at 4:00 AM and using violence and threats is criminal behaviour.
Sunday 2 August 2015 7.47pm
I hope now common sense can now prevail. The Pub has nothing to do with history of the elephant and castle. I dont even think that pub is even on the existing site, just in the proximity. Just hope the same crowd dont start crying about the demise of the shopping centre and the smelly subways.
Sunday 2 August 2015 8.33pm
drog wrote:
I hope now common sense can now prevail. The Pub has nothing to do with history of the elephant and castle. I dont even think that pub is even on the existing site, just in the proximity. Just hope the same crowd dont start crying about the demise of the shopping centre and the smelly subways.
But it's OK for you to come on here and cry about common sense as if you had some exclusive decision over what that entails of course, and also over whether people are allowed to have an opinion on the shopping centre and subways. Are you the feudal lord of SE1 or do you just derive pleasure from acting like that?
Sunday 2 August 2015 8.47pm
drog wrote:

By common sense prevailing, are you saying it is ok with you if bailiffs pull people out of their beds and beat them up drog?

Maybe you have a contract to board up Foxtons?
http://www.brixtonbuzz.com/2015/07/brixton-foxtons-is-all-boarded-up-again/
Monday 3 August 2015 8.38am
Why would i have a contract to board up Foxtons? I'm confused,please explain?

They are a legitimate business who employ people and pay taxes. They have as much right to operate as any other business. If you don't like them don't use them. I don't particularly like having all the money transfer shop's about but hey ho they provide a service. Should they be shutdown and driven out of town?

No its not ok to beat people up, but if you think you are above the law of the land then you must take some responsibility.
Monday 3 August 2015 9.03am
Main question. Is Foxtons going to prevail?
Monday 3 August 2015 9.03am
drog}
No its not ok to beat people up, but if you think you are above the law of the land then you must take some responsibility.[/quote wrote:

So, beating up sleeping people suggests that County enforcement think they are above the law of the land. The squatters were making a stand against what you think is common sense, with council estates being demolished and replaced with poorly built 'luxury apartments', many of which are being marketed to people who are not from the area, and in a number of cases not even from the same country.

Whilst 'regeneration' or more accurately gentrification is marketed as improving the area for local people, it is in fact a drive to push out local people and bring in wealthy outsiders.

You think it is 'common sense' and others, like me, think it is class war.

As I live on a council estate, I have no need whatsoever for a Foxtons in my local area. But my estate has been put on the at risk list by Savilles, and despite the fact it is actually a decent place to live, I can see the gebtrification creeping closer and closer.

What exactly was the point of your original comment on this thread?
Monday 3 August 2015 9.08am
Alas "improving the area for local people" went out of the window way back when the detestable Annie Shepherd led the council into kicking the regeneration into the long grass.
Monday 3 August 2015 9.58am
freethepeeps wrote:
drog}
No its not ok to beat people up, but if you think you are above the law of the land then you must take some responsibility.[/quote wrote:

So, beating up sleeping people suggests that County enforcement think they are above the law of the land. The squatters were making a stand against what you think is common sense, with council estates being demolished and replaced with poorly built 'luxury apartments', many of which are being marketed to people who are not from the area, and in a number of cases not even from the same country.

Whilst 'regeneration' or more accurately gentrification is marketed as improving the area for local people, it is in fact a drive to push out local people and bring in wealthy outsiders.

You think it is 'common sense' and others, like me, think it is class war.

As I live on a council estate, I have no need whatsoever for a Foxtons in my local area. But my estate has been put on the at risk list by Savilles, and despite the fact it is actually a decent place to live, I can see the gebtrification creeping closer and closer.

What exactly was the point of your original comment on this thread?

To express an opinion from another point of view.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Current: 7 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions