London SE1 community website

After White Cube

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 June 2015 12.30pm
What are the chances that White Cube may be replaced by a residential development in the next few years?

I have seen some properties in the area but am worried that the views and privacy might be ruined if a taller building comes up in its place.
Monday 8 June 2015 12.42pm
White Cube have another decade or so left on their lease.

A very dense residential development was proposed for the site before White Cube came on the scene, and I'd rate the chances of a similar scheme being proposed after White Cube have gone as very high.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 8 June 2015 10.28pm
How relieved and grateful I was, when that proposed development was quashed! I overlook the White Cube and can honestly say that I think I would have lost my mind. The replacing of the roof and the badly managed site, with inconsiderate workmen and the early morning arrivals [5.30am sometimes] was bad enough - a full-scale new-build would have been Hell.
Tuesday 9 June 2015 5.45pm
Thanks for your replies

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions