London SE1 community website

Mint Street Park development (disgrace)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Saturday 20 June 2015 2.15pm
kevinruairi wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-33211099

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32965554
Monday 22 June 2015 3.03pm
I live a few minutes away from Mint Street and have been going there for years. I too have been amazed by the so-called "park improvements" as I don't feel the recent work has added anything but made things in the park worse.

I don't understand why the lovely brick wall that was hidden behind the blackberry bush had to be removed. It would have been a perfect space to add benches to it and still provide that safety barrier to the main road. With the park now so exposed to the main road it is a danger for children and dogs/cats alike.

I don't think this thread should go off into some discussion about dogs in the park or not as this is not the point - dog owners and non dog owners will never agree!! The issue here is the bad "improvements" that Southwark Council approved and is responsible for. I believe for example the park could benefit from some additional lights especially along the wall on the main bit of the green. I agree that the park is now far to open and additional barriers should be put up to avoid any accidents from children and animals running into that main road. I tweeted Southwark Council about this before but never got a response. I hope Southwark Council will take some time out of their busy scheduled to read this thread and reverse and alter some of the recent improvements.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions