London SE1 community website

Useless new MP

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Monday 15 June 2015 12.03am
Gavin Smith wrote:
EW, ...As for defamation, I think you need to understand the principles/ingredients for a claim in defamation before you label anything I say as defamatory. You clearly have no grasp of same.

If you say so.

Also, I don't think that undermining / attacking a democratically elected MP with some vague story regarding your son, the nature of which one has to take your word for, is in the electorate's interest. Either relate the whole story, or keep it to yourself and pursue the matter with the only other party involved, Neil Coyle. Anything else just comes across as cheap electioneering.
Monday 15 June 2015 12.18am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Gavin Smith wrote:
EW, ...As for defamation, I think you need to understand the principles/ingredients for a claim in defamation before you label anything I say as defamatory. You clearly have no grasp of same.

If you say so.

Also, I don't think that undermining / attacking a democratically elected MP with some vague story regarding your son, the nature of which one has to take your word for, is in the electorate's interest. Either relate the whole story, or keep it to yourself and pursue the matter with the only other party involved, Neil Coyle. Anything else just comes across as cheap electioneering.
Electioneering, really?
Monday 15 June 2015 12.20am
PeterJohn wrote:
Gavin, Before the election I think your home was plastered with Simon Hughes Vote Lib Dem posters. You have regularly attacked me and council colleagues for being - er Labour. So this latest contribution is again just silly and incredibly partisan. Time to move on Gavin and give Neil a chance - maybe he will convince you in 32 years time'

That's told you Gavin. BTW, he know where you live...
Monday 15 June 2015 1.39am
It does sound like the opposition is gathering its forces to demean GS and to bully him into silence.
It ill becomes the Leader of the London Borough of Southwark to become involved in a tit for tat argument and having the need to tell the world that GS sported Lib/Dem posters during the General Election.
It makes one wonder if Southwark Labour Party had spies going round making notes of who had Simon Hughes posters in their windows.
Monday 15 June 2015 8.21am
I never had any response from Simon Hughes when I wrote to him - 3/4 times... Always had the sense that he picked and chose which constituents he cared about - if you lived in particular estates, based on this forum, he seems to have been extremely helpful.

Too early to tell on Neil Coyle.
Monday 15 June 2015 9.00am
Edward Woodward wrote:
Also, I don't think that undermining / attacking a democratically elected MP with some vague story regarding your son, the nature of which one has to take your word for, is in the electorate's interest. Either relate the whole story, or keep it to yourself and pursue the matter with the only other party involved, Neil Coyle. Anything else just comes across as cheap electioneering.

Edward, I take exception to you casting aspersions as to my character - not for the first time either. Your suggestion of "vague" and previously "veracity" are deeply offensive. As someone else has pointed out - and others too in separate threads - your desire to dominate threads and attack others with whom you do not agree is rather tiring.

For anybody who is interested, please PM me with your e-mail address and I will forward you the e-mails. That goes for you too, Edward.

Peter John wrote:
Gavin, Before the election I think your home was plastered with Simon Hughes Vote Lib Dem posters. You have regularly attacked me and council colleagues for being - er Labour. So this latest contribution is again just silly and incredibly partisan. Time to move on Gavin and give Neil a chance - maybe he will convince you in 32 years time'

Does the fact that I had Simon Hughes posters displayed mean that I am not worthy of assistance from my local MP? As for "attacking" you and your council colleagues, Peter, I think all I did was point out where things were lacking, comments which I stand by. I attempted to "give Neil a chance" on three separate occasions. He failed to reply. This in the context of him holding "surgeries" which had advertised retrospectively, i.e. references on Twitter along the lines of "Busy with casework this morning following a surgery"

One key point which wasn't dealt with publicly on this forum was that Peter and his council colleagues acknowledged that the "end to zero hours" was a load of tosh and that it wasn't being implemented, my wife being one of the affected many.

Peter Davis wrote:
That's told you Gavin. BTW, he know where you live...

What difference does the fact that he knows where I live make? What is the significance of your petty comment? I'm sure the "bully" (aka sensible chap/lady) on your TRA knows where you live.

As is usual, TBH seems to have a good grasp of this. It is almost as if the fact I had a Vote Simon poster displayed has counted against me and I am not worthy of assistance from the MP.
Monday 15 June 2015 9.03am
Aside from petty comments, I am glad that this thread has opened up debate. Others, for example, the Draper residents, seem to feel that the new MP and councillors have been completely disinterested in them. Hopefully that will change as a result of the powers that be reading it.
Monday 15 June 2015 9.40am
[quote Gavin Smith][quote=Edward Woodward]- your desire to dominate threads and attack others with whom you do not agree is rather tiring.[/quote]It' not a desire, nor do I try and dominate threads. I just can't stand people who use underhand tactics to pursue some personal agenda and trying to rope in sympathy/support. It's the same tactics dodgy politicians use. There are quite a few threads on this forum where people base their opinions sometimes even actions on hearsay and assumptions, which I find totally unfair and therefore I try and challenge those opinions with facts. Some people don't like that. I am not attacking them, I challenge them. BIG difference.
Monday 15 June 2015 9.45am
Well, Edward, I certainly take it as an attack on my character rather than a challenge to it, viz. "the nature of which one has to take your word for", the comment about "veracity", etc. I can't stand people who resort to those sorts of things. Would you like me to send you the e-mails so that you can see them for yourself or are you prepared to apologise for casting aspersions? Former or latter?
Monday 15 June 2015 1.12pm
I think it is a bit unfair to qualify our new MP as useless so briefly after the elections. However important the matter regarding your son, the way you are putting this forward does not look credible.

Give him a chance.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions