London SE1 community website

Speeding on Bermondsey Wall West

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Thursday 30 July 2015 10.29pm
'the whole area needs to be put under a cycling ban..'

Yes and idiots like you need to banned from posting on Community sites !
Thursday 30 July 2015 10.54pm
Ah well mindless abuse is hardly going to add to the relevance of your comment and at least I bother to disclose my name instead of hiding behind some anonymous alias. Actually cyclists are a really serious problem in this area. Amongst other things they are making the river path via New Concordia and the Neckinger bridge a no go area for people with access difficulties, older people and people who have movement difficulties. You obviously don't care about those issues Mr Anonymous LondonStan. And one way streets are there for a reason. Cyclists on Mill Street and Bermondsey Wall West - and I mean all of them - seem to think that the signs and the Highway Code are not there for them.That's because they are all irresponsible.
Friday 31 July 2015 12.14am
i cycle over the bridge every day and have done so for many years and guess what .. no one has died or been injured.

Ooh health and safety ...someone might get injured. No one has EVER said a word to me about cycling over the bridge as no one cares. Just you and few other idiots seem to think its a problem.

I've travelled to Miami and to Amsterdam... cycling on the pavements is permitted its not a problem pedestrians and cyclist share the space...its only idiots like you that create an issue.

Next time you are on the bridge and see someone cycling over I dare you to say something .. it might be me .. prepare yourself for a barrage of abuse!
Friday 31 July 2015 6.51am
Then you are thoroughly irresponsible. That's it. There are large signs everywhere that say cyclists please dismount and it's because that area is manifestly and wholly unsuitable for the purpose. I suppose you think that it's fine to crash into someone old and infirm at the hairpin bend or in the dimly lit tunnel. I've actually seen that happen on several occasions. And as for the rights of people in wheelchairs - well they clearly don't matter to you either. Your hypocrisy is hilarious - you are clearly not fit to be on the road on your bicycle.
Friday 31 July 2015 9.04am
Tim, around 99% of your 100 or so posts on SE1 are anti cyclists. Can I just say that I and I am sure many others have got your message. You dont like cylist you think they are a menace to society and should at banned from the street of London. They cause constant accidents which you witness frequently be they in Mill street or on the Albert embankment or wheresoever you happen to be. Frankly i dissgaree . I also am pretty sure you exaggerate or if this many accidents really do happen in front of you i really hope you are no where near me when i am out and about in SE1 as my chances of an accident happening to me or someone near me are greatly increased.

Your anti cyclist rhetoric gets rather dull with the same old arguments over and over again But if you must post them then please keep them in relevant threads rather than hijacking a thread about speeding Motor vehicles!
Zoe
Friday 31 July 2015 9.04am
Like Godwin's law, we need a new meme for how all discussions end up as a row about cycling.
Friday 31 July 2015 10.48am
Whilst your erecting No Cycling signs all over the Shad ThamesMill Street area can you ensure you put some signage up in Shad Thames itself reminding pedestrians that the cobbled section is for vehicular access and the pavement is clearly defined. They are going to cause a serious accident to cyclists and other road users if something isn't done soon. They are selfish and irresponsible and should be banned from using this thoroughfare.

Let's close the matter .. Nothing is going to change.
I will continue to ride my bike and you Tim Purcell will continue to be an idiot!
Friday 31 July 2015 11.32am
Bullies typically resort to silly name calling particularly when they have no credible argument whatsoever. There is no doubt at all that cycling through that area is irresponsible, wrong and that indeed is why it is festooned with signs asking cyclists to dismount. It's unsafe and wholly unfair not to. At various points it is barely wide enough for two people to pass each other on foot and it certainly is not safe or fair to cycle across the bridge. I don't object to cyclists or cycling but it has to be said that a large number in London think that one rule applies to them and one applies to everyone else and this thread amply proves that in spades. The major traffic problem in the Mill Street area is not car drivers (and I speak as a person who was soaked from head to foot by a car driver travelling too fast in the awful weather on Sunday). It's cyclists. Most of them ignore all the one way road signs and too many abuse the pedestrian walkway by New Concordia and via the bridge and make it unsafe for everyone else.

LondonStan wrote:
Whilst your erecting No Cycling signs all over the Shad ThamesMill Street area can you ensure you put some signage up in Shad Thames itself reminding pedestrians that the cobbled section is for vehicular access and the pavement is clearly defined. They are going to cause a serious accident to cyclists and other road users if something isn't done soon. They are selfish and irresponsible and should be banned from using this thoroughfare.
Let's close the matter .. Nothing is going to change.
I will continue to ride my bike and you Tim Purcell will continue to be an idiot!
Friday 31 July 2015 12.21pm
Yawn
Friday 31 July 2015 12.49pm
You clearly need to wake up and smell the....
Coffee wrote:
Yawn
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions