London SE1 community website

Speeding on Bermondsey Wall West

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 31 July 2015 1.16pm
zzzzzzz
Friday 31 July 2015 1.24pm
I'll remind you of this when there is the inevitable serious accident involving a cyclist in that area.
LondonStan wrote:
zzzzzzz
Friday 31 July 2015 4.45pm
and you've just been upgraded from idiot to prat !
Friday 31 July 2015 5.20pm
** Guys - these silly arguments turn folks off this forum and do you no favours. How about if we move on?
Friday 31 July 2015 7.26pm
What Boss Street Bloke says. Neither of you emerge with any credit from such arguments.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 1 August 2015 7.18am
LondonStan wrote:
Yes 40-50mph ! and as someone who has driven for over 35 years I have a good idea at what speed a car is travelling as it passes me.

I also Drive and Ride. You could not gun it down Mill Street, make the corner and hit 50 mph on Bermondsey Wall West.

Such disproportionate claims undermine your central argument which is surely that all road users should show consideration for others.
Saturday 1 August 2015 9.14am
I haven't said anything unreasonable at all. I'm only reporting what is going on. Perhaps the editor's time might be better spent stopping some of the trolls on this site. There are plenty of them and one in particular on this thread.
Saturday 1 August 2015 10.43am
jonnyp42 wrote:
LondonStan wrote:
Yes 40-50mph ! and as someone who has driven for over 35 years I have a good idea at what speed a car is travelling as it passes me.

I also Drive and Ride. You could not gun it down Mill Street, make the corner and hit 50 mph on Bermondsey Wall West.

Such disproportionate claims undermine your central argument which is surely that all road users should show consideration for others.

Of course the van didn't turn the corner at 40-50mph, that's not possible I witnessed it speeding down Mill Street (passing St Saviours) in the direction of Bermondsey Wall West, I have also regularly witnessed a blue Porsche doing similar speeds but NOT around the corner ! Feel better now it is clarified that the vehicles witnessed did not turn the corner at 40-50mph? Please read Boss St Bloke's latest post.
Saturday 1 August 2015 1.13pm
Hi all

I'm sharing an update I got from Councillor Anood Al-Samerai.
Reading the response, I'm hopeful there will be progress both in the short and longer term

--------------------
Over the last couple of years, we have also had concerns about road safety and other traffic along the riverside stretch, particularly the junction with George Row and Bermondsey Wall West, which is very close to you. There is definitely a big longer term project about making the river walk safer and more pleasant. We, therefore, recently secured some funding to explore different options for the area between Mill Street and George Row and we are now keen to find further funds to consult with local residents and implement improvements. These happen to include your idea of a raised table and this would definitely help to improve safety. We are also seeing if we can get the funding out of Thames Water via the community project bank (a list of projects the council can ask developers to fund).

These processes do take time and money and, in the meantime, we need to tackle some of the pressing problems so we did manage to have the 'Slow' painted on the road and the pedestrian triangle on the lamp post at that junction. We also recently persuaded the council to put signs put up at the Tooley Street entrance to Mill Street to address large lorries coming along to the narrower points. Eliza has also asked about your point around an extra 20 mph sign on Mill St and will hopefully have progress on this.
Saturday 1 August 2015 2.30pm
From what many other regular contributors to this Community website are saying, there seems to a general consensus as to who the troll is ! If you think you are going to be able to make stupid posts such ' ban all cycling in the area' , then expect an appropiate response to such an 'idiotic' suggestion .
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions