London SE1 community website

Speeding on Bermondsey Wall West

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4
Saturday 1 August 2015 2.44pm
Troll ! I find that extremely offensive. From what many other regular contributors to this Community website are saying, there seems to be an opinion as to who the troll is ! From what others are saying you Tim Purcell have hijacked many threads with unreasonable anti cycling rants. Do you have any co supporters? Doesn't seem so. If you are going to make stupid posts such as ' the whole area needs to be put under a cycling ban' , then expect an appropiate response to such an idiotic suggestion . I will not be responding to any more of your abusive messages .
Saturday 1 August 2015 7.53pm
It was a perfectly reasonable description after you had been using abusive language and bullying me. Next.
LondonStan wrote:
Troll ! I find that extremely offensive. From what many other regular contributors to this Community website are saying, there seems to be an opinion as to who the troll is ! From what others are saying you Tim Purcell have hijacked many threads with unreasonable anti cycling rants. Do you have any co supporters? Doesn't seem so. If you are going to make stupid posts such as ' the whole area needs to be put under a cycling ban' , then expect an appropiate response to such an idiotic suggestion . I will not be responding to any more of your abusive messages .
Saturday 1 August 2015 10.02pm
Oh and by the way. Cycling IS banned from that area because it's unsafe. You choose to ignore that and threaten the safety of everyone that uses it and also make it unsuitable for people with access and mobility difficulties - and Mums with buggies - who I presume (along with a lot of other cyclists) you don't believe actually exist or are - apparently - irrelevant because your self important precious ass on two wheels takes priority (naturally) over someone who has to get about in a wheelchair or on a power scooter. They don't matter to you do they?
Sunday 2 August 2015 9.25am
LondonStan wrote:
jonnyp42 wrote:
LondonStan wrote:
Yes 40-50mph ! and as someone who has driven for over 35 years I have a good idea at what speed a car is travelling as it passes me.

I also Drive and Ride. You could not gun it down Mill Street, make the corner and hit 50 mph on Bermondsey Wall West.

Such disproportionate claims undermine your central argument which is surely that all road users should show consideration for others.

Of course the van didn't turn the corner at 40-50mph, that's not possible I witnessed it speeding down Mill Street (passing St Saviours) in the direction of Bermondsey Wall West, I have also regularly witnessed a blue Porsche doing similar speeds but NOT around the corner ! Feel better now it is clarified that the vehicles witnessed did not turn the corner at 40-50mph? Please read Boss St Bloke's latest post.

You seem to lacks basic grasp of physics. If said laden van (or Porsche) achieved 45mph within the straight portion of Mill Street for what period could that speed be maintained prior to hard braking for the corner? Seconds... Even when you're not paying for the fuel it would be counterproductive to attempt such driving conduct.

I guess in alley years of living in the area I've simply not encountered Jenson Button at the wheel of a supped up white van.
Sunday 2 August 2015 10.52am
If you going to be a smart arse JonnyPlonker42, then at least get your facts right . I estimate the distance from entrance of St Saviours to BWW is about 80m and according to the Highway Code stopping distance for vehicle travelling at 40mph is 36m and at 50mph is 53m .

Now jog on and find someone else to troll . Maybe go and have a coffee with the mad man in St Saviours.

Is it no wonder that only a few people in Southwark use this Community website.. start posting and you feel that you are under immediate attack and that's just from making a simple comment about witnessing a speeding van!
Sunday 2 August 2015 2.23pm
I've certainly been guilty of renaming contributors to the forum with whom I disagree - on hindsight foolishly - but I think it's rather disrespectful, Stan, to call JonnyP a plonker.
Sunday 2 August 2015 3.38pm
Bullies are typified by accusing everyone else of something they are doing themselves. That summarises your contribution to this thread and your use of abusive language. And you were criticised for owning up to cycling in an area where it is banned. That is because it's not safe to do so. You then decided that this behaviour was alright anyway when it clearly isn't. And that was when you started using words like "prat", "idiot" and "mad man". Check back - all I've said is that I think your behaviour was irresponsible by cycling in that area. And to suggest to the editor of this site that it might be a good idea to do something about some of the trolls - ones that abusive language for instance.
LondonStan wrote:
If you going to be a smart arse JonnyPlonker42, then at least get your facts right . I estimate the distance from entrance of St Saviours to BWW is about 80m and according to the Highway Code stopping distance for vehicle travelling at 40mph is 36m and at 50mph is 53m .
Now jog on and find someone else to troll . Maybe go and have a coffee with the mad man in St Saviours.

Is it no wonder that only a few people in Southwark use this Community website.. start posting and you feel that you are under immediate attack and that's just from making a simple comment about witnessing a speeding van!
Sunday 2 August 2015 4.17pm
I was called boroughonion once, brought tears to my eyes.
Sunday 2 August 2015 7.19pm
As participants in this thread seem to be incapable of civil discourse, it is now closed.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4
Current: 4 of 4

This thread has been closed
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions