London SE1 community website

Druid Street market a "Living Hell" exaggeration

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9
Sunday 27 November 2016 12.12am
Just read "class" issue ?

Who cares where people come from move in then are neighbour ?

Please don't bring this down to class !

It is about noise nuisance anti social affect on residents !
Sunday 27 November 2016 12.21am
kevinruairi wrote:
Did you vote for Brexit, boroughonian?

Yes I did, what would you like to call me? One of the reasons I voted Brexit is because the sons and daughters of previous migrants don't get a look in, there's loads of them. Guess what? The sons and daughters of this batch wont get a look in either. That's how it works Kevin. White flight happened, in the main, not because everyone was racist as is often implied, but because migrants have more points so get the allocated properties from councils etc, now we're seeing West Indian flight, for the same reason.

Do you have private medical care Kevin? Do you own your own home? Do you have a secure job? Are you a high earner? Actually, forget it, I think we all know from your other posts.

"We cannot go on like this. I do not care what those on this side of the House, or the Opposition side or anywhere else, say. Problems at local level will become worse and worse for our own people unless something is done. All hon. Members know that people come to their surgeries describing the most distressing conditions—terrifying conditions. People born and bred in their own constituencies have been on the housing waiting list for as long as six years. But, on the points system, one must give immigrants preference...People cannot come here just because they have a British passport—full stop." Bob Mellish.
Sunday 27 November 2016 12.28am
Jane Druid st wrote:
Just read "class" issue ?
Who cares where people come from move in then are neighbour ?

Please don't bring this down to class !

It is about noise nuisance anti social affect on residents !

I try desperately to keep class out of every issue, but as was pointed out, it's nigh on impossible. You wont be seeing any markets like this magicked up by Elephant park.
Sunday 27 November 2016 9.21am
Gavin Smith wrote:

Lest it has escaped your attention, the Arnold Estate is, well, a residential estate. These railway arches have long been used for commercial purposes - mechanics, car/van rental, warehouses. The crowds now congregate on the Druid Street making loud noise on a Saturday - I have witnessed it - and it seems to be getting later and later. As, I think, our esteemed website editor noted recently, he too had observed something similar. I stand to be corrected. There seems to have been a unilateral change of use for these arches from industrial use.

What is wrong with residents of the Arnold Estate saying that the noise is causing hell in those circumstances? I would remind you that actually the Marquis is physically some way from the vast majority of the people complaining.

As for your comment that there are five people complaining, I can confirm there are many more people affected and complaining. Just because the News showed a picture of five residents does not mean they are the only complainants.

the problem is the arrogance of the ruling elite who now think it is their right to invade neighbourhoods and bray loudly at each other and their illmannered and boorish children ... have some manners or the working class who are left will come and behave badly in your enclaves, slowly becomming all of london.
Sunday 27 November 2016 4.50pm
Feeding trolls makes them come back for more, but here's your answers nonetheless. I'm not sure what any of your questions have to do with anything.

> Do you have private medical care Kevin?

None.

> Do you own your own home?

no. Housing association flat.

> do you have a secure job?

Reasonably for now.

> Are you a high earner?

29k per annum. I don't know what that counts as. Probably average for Southwark.

> Actually, forget it, I think we all know from your other posts.

Do you? Why don't you tell me what else you know about me?

I laughed at your racist rant at the end. All those people had British passports because they'd been colonised by the racist empire in the first place.
Sunday 27 November 2016 5.41pm
boroughonian wrote:
kevinruairi wrote:
Did you vote for Brexit, boroughonian?

Yes I did, what would you like to call me? .

Another one that believes that Brexit entitles them to indulge in all kinds of unsavoury attitudes. It's disgusting what a minority people feel empowered and entitled to by it. No wonder so many decent people regret voting "Leave".
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Current: 9 of 9

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions