London SE1 community website

Kids Company

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2
Saturday 8 August 2015 6.11pm
"The most disturbing aspect of the whole affair is how those in charge of Kids Company pulled the plug on it and went into liquidation without telling the staff who turned up for work only to find premises closed without warning and without making proper provision for all of the vulnerable people who need those service"

I agree with you tbh.
Camilla looks calm and composed in interviews, Yentob the angry man, but the children, young people and adults affected by the padlocked gates are the ones I feel for in all this, together with the staff who have suddenly lost their jobs without warning as the blame game rages in the press.
Sunday 9 August 2015 3.57pm
Not really sure who carried out audits for 19 years of all of a sudden their finances have a shortfall ? How many children have been helped to be safe away from gangs and abusive families. May have been cheaper to put the children who wanted to get away in a private boarding school and get to Uni.
Sunday 9 August 2015 4.47pm
If you are able to get hold of a copy there are two interesting articles in Saturday's Daily Telegraph, on pages 23 and 25, which give a bit more insight into the whole sorry business.
Monday 10 August 2015 2.55am
Thebunhouse wrote:
If you are able to get hold of a copy there are two interesting articles in Saturday's Daily Telegraph, on pages 23 and 25, which give a bit more insight into the whole sorry business.

Is this one of the articles you are referring to?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/11793035/Disgraced-charity-boss-used-funds-to-pay-for-drivers-daughters-school.html
Monday 10 August 2015 9.52am
No Jules although that article was interesting in a Daily Mail-ish way.
The articles I referred to were in the Daily Telegraph on Saturday 8th August.
The first by Harriet Sergeant on page 23 and the second on page 25 by Bryony Gordon in the "News and Review Features" section.
Monday 10 August 2015 10.10am
The most disturbing aspect of the whole affair is how those in charge of Kids Company pulled the plug on it and went into liquidation without telling the staff who turned up for work only to find premises closed without warning and without making proper provision for all of the vulnerable people who need those services.

I'll take your point about the 20M, I thought she said they hadn't received a penny in public funding.

See this is what I don't get, lest we forget, those vulnerable people who need those services were the one's KC intended to help, and was set up to do so, those services didn't exist before KC. I bet the government are devastated that thy can no longer donate so as to help the same inner London kids that they're desperate to pack off elsewhere.

But anyway, I suppose the allegations of abuse, which will go nowhere, must've just been thrown in for good measure.
Thursday 22 October 2015 10.47am
Last night David Quirke-Thornton (Southwark's Strategic Director of Children's and Adults Services) discussed the collapse of Kids Company at a scrutiny sub-committee meeting:

http://bambuser.com/v/5868650

http://bambuser.com/v/5868693

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  Previous1 2
Current: 2 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..
September at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions