London SE1 community website

What would a Corbyn victory mean for Southwark Labour?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11
Monday 14 September 2015 11.24pm
i'll go for the rejoice as well ...
Tuesday 15 September 2015 8.03am
JasonSE1 wrote:
Rejoice, just rejoice!
A big thank you to Neil Coyle for helping to make this result possible.

Rejoyce? Really-Labour has just let the working class population of this country down big time-they have gone for an unelectable leader and the Tories will be back in power again after the next election-even the Labour MPs can see this hence the big move to distance themselves.

Despair, just despair!
Tuesday 15 September 2015 8.55am
dee dee wrote:
JasonSE1 wrote:
Rejoice, just rejoice!
A big thank you to Neil Coyle for helping to make this result possible.

Rejoyce? Really-Labour has just let the working class population of this country down big time-they have gone for an unelectable leader and the Tories will be back in power again after the next election-even the Labour MPs can see this hence the big move to distance themselves.

Despair, just despair!

What's the point of electing a Labour government when their policies are indistinguishable from those of the Tories? It was New Labour pseudo-Toryism that lost the last election.
Tuesday 15 September 2015 8.57am
It was New Labour pseudo-Toryism that lost the last election. wrote:

I'm afraid if you think that was why Labour lost the last election, you might be waiting a while for them to win the next one.
Tuesday 15 September 2015 9.01am
It's really great news that Jeremy Corbyn has been elected leader of the Labour party. I look forward to a proper opposition over the next 5 years!!
Tuesday 15 September 2015 9.22am
5 years? 10 years in opposition more like
Tuesday 15 September 2015 12.00pm
I would prefer a Corbyn government, but I would take New Labour over the Tories any day of the week.

When Blair was getting rid of clause 4, I had a debate with an old Labour stalwart, of course he was mortified that this was happening. I said to him with great profundity, "if you had a shop and no one came to buy anything, you'd change your stock" and I firmly believed it, problem was, after a few years of Blair I was regretting my point of view.
I'm back there again, anything but more Conservatism.

Just consider, for Corbyn to win an election, he has to get Scotland and middle England back, good luck!

EDIT: Also, we have probably lost any chance of a Lib Lab coalition.
Tuesday 15 September 2015 3.58pm
Eiger wrote:
It was New Labour pseudo-Toryism that lost the last election. wrote:

I'm afraid if you think that was why Labour lost the last election, you might be waiting a while for them to win the next one.

Sorry, Eiger - do you mean New Labour didn't lose the last election (on a platform of 'we'll be just as austere as the Tories but we'll cook the books to preserve the NHS') or that they might have won if they'd been even more of a gang of right-wing nonentities than they actually were?
Tuesday 15 September 2015 5.11pm
what would a corbyn victory mean for southwark labour? packing would be very nice
Tuesday 15 September 2015 7.10pm
Sings the red flag loud.

Silent during our National Anthem. Sung at a service in St Paul's to honour our living WW2 RAF heroes and our war dead.

Disrespectful, repugnant and pathetic.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 8 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions