London SE1 community website

Skipton House Redevelopment - Elephant & Castle

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6
Tuesday 1 March 2016 3.25pm
James Hatts wrote:

"architectural significance of Metro Heights"? I know its listed, but really?
Tuesday 1 March 2016 5.05pm
PeterEccles wrote:

It must be the lovely orange curtains and aluminium foil in the windows. Breathtaking, really. As long as these towers don't affect the glorious views of Perronet House...
Tuesday 12 July 2016 12.42pm
This scheme is going to planning committee tonight at 5.30pm

Hoping to live-stream the meeting at http://mixlr.com/se1

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 12 July 2016 9.46pm
sjac wrote:
PeterEccles wrote:

It must be the lovely orange curtains and aluminium foil in the windows. Breathtaking, really. As long as these towers don't affect the glorious views of Perronet House...

These buildings will affect for sure the the views from Perronet House....
Wednesday 13 July 2016 7.12am
Jules62 wrote:
sjac wrote:
PeterEccles wrote:

Does anybody have the right to views?
Wednesday 13 July 2016 3.43pm
PeterEccles wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
sjac wrote:
PeterEccles wrote:

Does anybody have the right to views?

No.
Wednesday 13 July 2016 4.13pm
Reading what's in the future for residents of Southwark my heart bleeds. Homeless hostels torn down, where will the occupants go? And when they congregate in stairwells of flats then what...when ordinary working class are treated with such contempt, to decant them out of the rich pickings that SE1 has become to developers worldwide all under the guise of building social housing. If one scheme goes ahead in Bartholomew Street one small parade of shops demolished, but another community destroyed. And what about the tenants in the low block behind ?
The greedy developers must sit there with a pin selecting the next piece of prime potential in SE1.. Still fuming ..will rant more later.sorry.
jpm
Friday 15 July 2016 10.48am
PeterEccles wrote:
James Hatts wrote:

Yes, properly signficant in the history of modernist architecture.

Have a read of the listing text at http://www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk/en-1405570-metro-central-heights-non-civil-parish-#.V4i-dLgrI2w
Monday 18 July 2016 3.27pm
"We want to bring a world-class piece of architecture to the Elephant & Castle". What, after you've built this glass box, you mean?
Monday 18 July 2016 10.43pm
It is a shame that Southwark is willing to allow this development to go ahead despite no on site 35% social housing provision.

This means that a corresponding amount of social housing will be paid for, and developed, elsewhere (ie in a far less desirable location) by the developer.

This is still under debate, but if it goes ahead, I would like to see a clause that states no work is to commence on the Skipton House site until that 35% has been built and delivered to Southwark Council ready for immediate occupation.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 4 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions