London SE1 community website

Is anybody using the new Bike Super Highway?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 12 of 24
Tuesday 15 March 2016 2.35pm
What are chavvy kids and souped up Corsas?
Tuesday 15 March 2016 3.47pm
suziq wrote:
Gosh, such needless aggression. Actually, I wasn't being churlish, nor am I resentful (of what exactly?), I was having a bit of fun. Is that no longer allowed?

Don't worry its the cycling mafia at it again. Didn't you know you can't question a cyclist?
Tuesday 15 March 2016 5.10pm
Please can we avoid needlessly stirring up partisan cyclist / anti-cyclist sentiment?

Please let's aim for a better quality of discussion about the cycle superhighway.

Anyone bickering or stirring the pot may find posts deleted without warning.

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 5.54pm
DebraG wrote:
"chavvy kids and souped up Corsas"

Sounds like a Channel 4 comedy drama....
Tuesday 15 March 2016 7.54pm
Sticking to the theme of the thread... Yes really... I hardly see anyone using it whenever I'm anywhere near Blackfriars Road.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.36pm
Well I just hope that once the cycle highway is complete the cyclist stick to it and don't continue to use the roads. If this happens it should avoid any future accidents.
Zoe
Tuesday 15 March 2016 9.36pm
It's so odd, as I see loads of people using it on a morning in the week. I'm not sure if it's different bits or if a load come by at once, like with cars, so you have to see them when they pass. It's not my impression at all that it's not being used and it hasn't fully opened yet.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 10.18pm
Littledorrit1 wrote:
Well I just hope that once the cycle highway is complete the cyclist stick to it and don't continue to use the roads. If this happens it should avoid any future accidents.

Cycle lanes per mile are more dangerous for cyclists than the road and not advised for faster riders, so any rider who chooses not to use the lane is doing nothing wrong. None of my business where you drive. None of your business where I ride.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 10.20pm
I use the cycle superhighway more or less every day between the Elephant and Southwark Station.

I certainly see plenty of other people using it.

Granted, Blackfriars Road is busier than the St George's Road section.

But it's really too early to make a meaningful assessment of how many people are using it, given that the connections at either end of the presently open section of bike track have not yet been completed/opened.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 15 March 2016 10.30pm
Littledorrit1 wrote:
I'm yet to see anyone use it. It's a monument to waste

Out of interest, on which part of the CSHs are you claiming you saw no cyclists?
Current: 12 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions