London SE1 community website

Is anybody using the new Bike Super Highway?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 24
Zoe
Tuesday 10 November 2015 9.41pm
I couldn't actually work out how to get onto St Georges Road on my bike, which might be part of why it's not yet much used and which will improve once the works are finished (it was dark which is also probably why I was having trouble).
Thursday 12 November 2015 2.07pm
I saw my first (very happy looking) cyclist using the new lane on St Georges Road last night. All is good :-)
Sunday 27 December 2015 10.17pm
Waste of space time and money
Zoe
Monday 28 December 2015 2.52pm
I cycled the bit I could on Blackfriars road on a Christmas Day bike ride (as advertised on here, thanks James!) and as a group we used the embankment bike lane, which was great. I actually think they will turn out really well once the pain of building them passes.
Monday 28 December 2015 11.19pm
If it reduces vehicular traffic then good,
but if it simply reduces the width of the pavement (Elephant and Castle) then bad.
Monday 4 January 2016 5.55pm
Going North on Blackfriars Road, at the Cut, right turms are banned "except in two phases". Can someone explain?
Monday 4 January 2016 5.57pm
There's a video here from TfL explaining the two-stage turns they have introduced at a number of junctions

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 4 January 2016 7.03pm
Blimey, that's a little complicated!
Zoe
Monday 4 January 2016 9.19pm
I had been wondering how it worked. I'm not clear where the right hand turn signal is for the one on Blackfriars road.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 2 of 24

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions