I've seen a really nice flat in Empire Square that I am thinking of renting, but I wanted to check out a couple of things first before signing on the dotted line that an Empire Sq resident might be able to help me with.
1) Are you able to get a decent broadband speed
2) Are you able to get a decent TV and radio reception
3) What is like for noise?
Hi. I live in Empire Square.
Broadband is fine.
Tv & radio is fine. Although phone signal in our block is bad.
The noise is less reliable. Recently it has been quiet. In the summer it can be noisy as people are out on the balconies. I think this is the people who use Marlin apartments rather than residents.
1) Very good broadband speed
2) No problem with TV and Radio reception (I use Sky via the communal antenna)
3) I would say on the quiet side, depends which block. My flat faces Long Lane, so do get a bit of traffic noise, but the windows block most of the outside noise.