London SE1 community website

SE1 Tube Stations - Fender Strat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.10am
Hi All,

Fender is to release a batch of its iconic Stratocaster guitars showcasing the London Underground map.

Among the various stations featured, three are located in SE1: Waterloo, Lambeth North, and Southwark.

Shame Elephant & Castle doesn't appear on these axes: including it would have been appropriate, given its rock 'n roll credentials.
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.47am
A major oversight
Wednesday 2 December 2015 5.42pm
How cool ;)
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.40pm
I am more of a Gibson man myself
Thursday 3 December 2015 1.45pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

The SG, with its flat body, is a guitar that makes a great canvas, as can be seen in Clapton's Cream era guitar:

Too bad Gibson didn't enter in a partnership with TFL...
Friday 4 December 2015 12.49am
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

The SG, with its flat body, is a guitar that makes a great canvas, as can be seen in Clapton's Cream era guitar:

I don't mind Fenders, I just prefer Gibson because they're a bit heavier. I have a Gibson Les Paul and an Epiphone SG. When I bought the LP it was a very close call between her and the SG, si I promised myself one day I'd own both, but economics, as well as the fact that I now want a Gretsch as well, forced me to go for the cheaper Epiphone version. No regrets though, it's still a beautiful guitar. I assume you're a guitarist yourself? Do you play in a band, or just for yourself?
Friday 4 December 2015 8.33am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

I now want a Gretsch as well, forced me to go for the cheaper Epiphone version. No regrets though, it's still a beautiful guitar. I assume you're a guitarist yourself? Do you play in a band, or just for yourself?

Epiphone (actually owned by Gibson) makes fine guitars that have been used by many top artists, including The Beatles.

No: I'm not a guitarist, keys are my game:

However, I love the guitar and without it music just wouldn't be the same. I wish I had decent guitar skills...
Friday 4 December 2015 11.10am
Jules62 wrote:

Epiphone (actually owned by Gibson) makes fine guitars that have been used by many top artists, including The Beatles.

Yep, absolutely love my SG.

To post a message, please log in or register..
February at a glance
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions