London SE1 community website

New E&C road layout appears to be working?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 22 of 22
Wednesday 4 January 2017 4.59pm
Zoe wrote:
I don't object to taxi drivers having a voice, but TfL needs to represent all users of all forms of transport (including pedestrians). We also have an issue with some groups having too much influence. The LTDA for example has been very loud in their objection to bike lanes, which is bound to cause unnecessary tension between different users. It's also a bit odd as I don't think it's very helpful to taxi drivers, as less cars in central London can only help as people will take taxis instead.

You've just described why it's over for the Hackney carriage. Roads are congested, I'll be getting an UBER because the price will be sorted before we start. I know 3 black cab drivers that have turned it in, one only passed out 3 years ago. Hoorah for the corporations..
Wednesday 4 January 2017 9.19pm
Happy New Year to all, and best wishes to users of the Bend - they still need it as dangers and frustrations persist accompanied by an anticipated rapid dilapidation too. The silence on this thread for many months until recently doesn't reflect that the new layout at Elephant and Castle system is working satisfactorily, just that other places are perhaps more practical to log and debate the issues, both online and in more engaged local media such as Southwark News who have documented a few disappointments over the period. I've made some pedestrian friendly progress discretely with a TfL officer late last year and hope to see the results implemented in the spring. I've also been working with others on the long overdue dossier documenting TfL's designed in dangers, which I intend to have published around the time of the anniversary of The Bend's first victim Johanna Hedger, which will also near the date of the inquest into the layout's second death, Charlie Cooper.

You can follow and join in ongoing observations and debate at Facebook.com/ElephantandCastleRoundabout and Twitter.com/Roundaboutnews.

Thebunhouse wrote:
It's a year and twenty-one pages since this matter was raised and nothing in the last six months since July. Does this mean that the new system is working satisfactorily?

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU>
Thursday 5 January 2017 12.03pm
Plenty of house sparrows where I leave in E&C. I guess that's because we have lots of overgrown bushes in our garden.
Thursday 5 January 2017 12.25pm
jonaths wrote:
Traffic down Harper Road is still bad a year on. Despite protestations, doesn't seem like TFL are doing much about it quickly

Absolutely agree. A string of coaches using it this morning as a cut through to NKR.

...if you press it, they will come.
Current: 22 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..
Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

We are part of
Independent Community News Network
Email newsletter

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,000+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum
Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions